Stena Drilling is delighted to be commencing operations offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada for an anticipated six (6) month drilling campaign onboard the Stena DrillMAX Drillship.
There are currently temporary opportunities for 4 Lead Roustabouts, working on a 28/28 on/off rotation.
Business Address: 701-10 Fort William Place, St. John's, NL, A1C 1K4
Work Location: Onboard the Stena DrillMAX Drillship, offshore NL. Please note there is a possibility that successful candidates will be required to join the drillship overseas at an international location prior to mobilizing to NL.
Wage: $45.60 CAD per hour
Benefits: Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and where applicable, Offshore Allowance.
- Supervise Roustabout crew, delegating tasks, communicating with Crane Operator and ensuring the safety of the crew
- Must be fully committed to working safely and to accepting responsibility for the safety and safe work practices of fellow crew members.
- Question any instruction that are not clear and offer suggestions for improving the safety of personnel / the efficiency of carrying out any task.
- Stop the job if it appears unsafe or if the job is not going according to plan.
- Stop others if their work appears unsafe.
- Follow instructions given by the Crane Operator.
- Supervise the management of deck areas and spaces, ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in all of these areas. On completion of work activities ensure all tools and equipment are stowed away and secured in the designated location.
- Ensure that all walkways and escape ways remain clear at all times.
- Participate in Lifting Operations under the supervision of the Crane Operator, ensuring that this in compliance with the company's lifting practices.
- When designated, act as Banksman. Strictly follow company procedures. Never get involved with the lift or handle the loads. Ensure lift path is clear before starting lift. Be familiar with and comply with the company lifting expectations.
- Act as a member of the Helicopter Landing crew - Helideck Assistant under the direction of the designated Helicopter Landing Officer.
- Ensure that equipment is secure to prevent movement due to wind or vessel motion.
- Be fully aware of the correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
- Act as a Member of the Emergency Fire Team, being fully aware of the use, type and location of all Fire Fighting Equipment / Life Saving appliances
- Participate in Emergency training exercises onboard when instructed by Crane Operator.
- On moored units - Participate in rig moving operations including operation of anchor winches on-board under supervision of Barge Master/ Engineer.
- Any other duties as required by the Crane Operator / Senior Crane Operator.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Greenhand course
- Offshore survival
- Deck Grade 1 or 2 Ticket
- 5 years relative experience
- Previous offshore experience within a Lead Roustabout role
- Canadian BST/r
- Regulatory Awareness
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- Suit Fit & Face Fit
- Canadian Standard First Aid, CPR & Defibrillator
- Seafarer's Book
- STCW Proficiency in Designated Security Duties / Awareness
- Fire Team Member
- Helideck Team Training
- IATA Dangerous Goods by Air Awareness
- IWCF Well Control - Level 1
- Slingers and Banksman
- Helicopter Refuel
- Mobile Access Tower Appreciation
- Canadian Rigger
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Fluent in English, including reading and writing
How to Apply
Your resume, relevant certifications, and a copy of your passport or permanent residency card should be sent to [email protected] with your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that only Canadian citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents will be considered, no exceptions.
Resumes must contain the following information:
- Personal Information - Name, Nationality, Province/Territory of Residence, Phone Number(s) with area code(s), and Email address
- Education/Training - Name and location of training institution, dates attended, name of completed program.
- Experience - Name and location of company worked for, units worked on (type and name), dates of employment, job title(s), and brief descriptions of your main duties/responsibilities while in each position.
- Offshore certificates - Attach all certificates you currently hold (that are valid) as per the "Skills, Education, and Experience" section above.
Please be advised that successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory training ahead of joining the drill ship.
Thank you for your interest in Stena Drilling. Your application will be reviewed, and we shall revert accordingly should you be shortlisted.