Requisition ID: 180573
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: IT Data & Integration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia; Alberta; British Columbia; Ontario
City: Stellarton / Calgary / Vancouver / Mississauga
Location: King St. Office, Calgary Office, Tahoe Office, Vancouver Office
Postal Code: B0K 1S0
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Ready to Make an impact?
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a contract opportunity for an Senior Data Product Developer role ( 7 months contract ). This role can be based out of one our main offices including: Stellarton, NS; Mississauga, ON; Vancouver, BC; Alberta, AB.
Here's where you'll be focusing:
As Senior SAP BW Developer with Sobeys, you will:
- Lead the Design, Development and Testing of Project, Support Ticket or Enhancement initiatives.
- Review all design/development considerations with Lead Data Developer.
- Identify functional and technical solutions to meet client requirements.
- Ensure the development of detailed functional, technical and operational specifications for delivery of recommended solutions.
- Translate user requirements into solution design documents for development and implementation of business technology solutions using agile/sprint approaches as needed.
- Provide leadership to a development/support team to deliver team goals.
- Conduct design and code reviews throughout the System Development Life Cycle to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT standards and quality software delivery practices.
- Capture and define technical and operational requirements for solutions.
- Ensure that all solution unit, integration, and system testing is conducted and documented.
- Act as primary contact for IT Operations and Infrastructure, and Production Support for implementation of solution.
- Provide expert knowledge of a particular architecture and discuss how the
- Solution's specific features, characteristics, functionality and design will meet business requirements.
- Maintain industry knowledge on technology/business solutions and future trends.
- Ensure solutions comply with application support requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct before solution or changes are implemented into production.
- Ensure department management is informed of progress, status, and issues of delivery team activities.
- Be primary contact for IT Operations and Infrastructure, and Production Support for implementation of solution.
- Be knowledgeable in and promote agile development methodologies.
What you have to offer:
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience with SDLC methodologies - including agile/sprint processes.
- Solid experience in performing data migration/conversion design and development.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Strong experience in software engineering and solution delivery methodologies
- Strong experience in integrated development tool suites
- Experience in SAP Data Analytics BW/BI required
- Knowledge of SAP ERP, including ABAP, BAdIs, BAPIs, RFCs
- Associated application development tools
- Understanding of operating platforms and Cloud/DB environments such as Windows, Unix, Linux SQL, Azure and their associated scripting languages
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French).
The salary range for this position in [British Columbia] is [$73,334K - $101,000K per year]. We will consider factors such as your working location, work experience and skills as well as internal equity, and market conditions to ensure that you are paid fairly and competitively.
Our Total Rewards programs, for full-time teammates, goes well beyond your paycheque:
- Competitive Benefits Package, including health and dental coverage, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tailored to meet your needs.
- Access to Virtual Health Care Platform and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A Retirement and Savings Plan that provides you with the opportunity to build and add value to your savings.
- A 10% in-store discount at our participating banners and access to a wide range of other discount programs, making your purchases more affordable.
- Learning and Development Resources to fuel your professional growth.
- Paid Vacation.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.