Job Posting - Permanent Part-Time Physiotherapist
24 Hours Biweekly
The Maritime Odd Fellows Home is a 47 Bed Long Term Care Facility located in the town of Pictou, overlooking picturesque Pictou Harbour. The Odd Fellows Home has a long history providing quality care to our valued Residents and needs a Physiotherapist to join our care team.
The Physiotherapist reports to and works in collaboration with the Director of Therapeutic Services, collaborates with the OT and provides supervision of the OT/PT Therapist and is part of a multi-disciplinary team. The Physiotherapist provides and oversees the delivery of Resident treatments and education, management of assistive equipment, and assists with staff education programs.
- Current registration with the provincial College of Physiotherapists.
- Graduate of a recognized School of Physiotherapy.
- Good communication skills and strong motivational skills.
- Knowledge regarding Falls Risk, Management & Assessment for those at high risk.
- Experience providing training/education is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, while effectively planning, organizing, supervising and communicating verbally and in writing.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Assess and develop treatment plans; collaborate with colleagues to determine care plan goals, oversee the physiotherapy team effectiveness, delegate and share responsibilities with OTA/PTA in developing, facilitating, and evaluating individual and group programs.
- Participate in resident assessments; record keeping and charting as required.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Regularly educates long term care staff, Residents and family members in several areas including falls management, safe resident handling and mobility.
- Maintain departmental supplies and equipment.
Position is 24 hours biweekly.
Submit your resume to:
Maritime Odd Fellows Home