Requisition ID: 180787
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Front End
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia
Location: 9453 Sidney Thrifty
Postal Code: V8L 4W6
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Ready to Make an impact?
The Front End Supervisor is responsible to ensure a superior customer service experience by coaching, and developing friendly, well trained staff. The Supervisor will supervise the department and staff and act as the go to person in the absence of the Department Manager and Assistant. The Supervisor will foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Here's where you'll be focusing:
- Keep work area clean and presentable at all times
- Remain current with weekly and in-store specials
- Ensure accurate labeling of products through adherence to company pricing strategies
- Foster a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales and profit
- Run, monitor and analyze sales data reports
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP, OH&S, food safety and other corporate initiatives
- Monitor execution of company inventory control procedures
- Lead department in accordance with company presentation standards
- Act as the departmental "go-to" person in charge of department, when required
- Recruit, train, develop, motivate and coach employees, and provide regular feedback to support the department leadership team
- Schedule and monitor breaks, back-ups, and other departmental activities
- Participate in the final inventory calculations
- Follow store lock-up procedures, when required
- Other duties as required
What you have to offer:
- Full knowledge of department operations and skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 12 months experience
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package, varied by role, designed to help our teammates to live better - physically, financially and emotionally.
The starting salary range for this position in British Columbia is $16.85/hr. We will consider factors such as your working location, work experience and skills as well as internal equity, and market conditions to ensure that you are paid fairly and competitively.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.