Scotian Gold Co-operative Limited is a food industry leader with an established international reputation for high‐quality produce. Our operations include Eastern Canada's largest apple packing and storage operation, an agricultural division, and a retail division. Scotian Gold is committed to excellence, respect for people, families and communities. We are always looking for energetic and talented people ready to take on new challenges! Visit our Web site at www.scotiangold.com.
Location: Coldbrook, NS
Accounts Receivable Clerk
"Scotian Gold is growing" Due to an upcoming maternity leave we have an opportunity in the finance department for an Accounts Receivable Clerk. Reporting to the Controller the successful candidate will provide accounts receivable and accounting support in a professional and organized manner.
In this role, you will:
- Respond to customer queries with professionalism and courtesy.
- Authorize, process, and set up new customer accounts including customer reference verifications.
- Ensure all customer transactions are applied correctly and accurately.
- Correspond with customers with respect to payment arrangements.
- Maintain and prepare all customer payment and contract arrangements for review and approval by the Controller.
- Reconcile major accounts on a regular basis.
- Prepare a weekly receivable report with recommendations, proposed actions, and issue identifications to review with the Controller.
- Prepare annual credit limit reviews, make recommendations, and review with key sales persons and Controller.
- Prepare monthly statements.
- Process and prepare deposits and apply to customer accounts.
- Reconcile and prepare daily deposits for the Retail Divisions - back up role.
- Backup for the reception position (Lunch and Vacation)
- Assist with the development and implementation of controls and procedures relating to accounts receivable.
- Ensure all payments, Invoices and Documentation is filed on a timely and organized manner.
- Complete other administrative and/or accounting support duties as required.
Qualifications & Key Skills:
- Experience in Accounts Receivable
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, emphasis on Word & Excel
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to multi-task and are flexible with changing priorities
- Post-secondary education with concentration in a related field
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Interested candidates, who possess the minimum requirements as listed above, should email a resume and cover letter indicating availability and salary expectations to [email protected].
Scotian Gold offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are a motivated and energetic individual wishing to work in a challenging work environment, we'd love to hear from you.