At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction and consulting services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
We are looking for a Microsoft M365 and Microsoft Entra expert to join our team helping to develop and plan our strategy, support the development of our capabilities and operationalizing our offerings. In this role, you will also participate in key opportunities and engagements to provide leadership and support to help successfully deliver and grow our practice.
As a driven, results-oriented professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional service to our internal and external clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability. This role will provide you with visibility and participation across all sectors, deal sizes, competencies, and offerings. The successful candidate will have a rare opportunity to see how the firm operates across all our service lines (Consulting, Tax, Assurance, Strategy and Transactions and industries.
Your key responsibilities
The M365/Entra Engineer role will design and implement the M365 and Entra aspects of our products. This will be done leveraging Infrastructure as Code (IAC) where possible. The Engineer will also work with offshore colleagues to configure and deploy the various solutions.
Our Microsoft Technology Stack: Azure, M365, Dynamics, Purview. Priva, Entra, Defender & Sentinel
As a member of the team you are key to our solution development/support, monitoring/reporting, program governance, and reporting to key stakeholders, including our executive.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Hands on design and configuration of the security aspects of M365 and Microsoft Entra product Suites
- Expressing configuration and development of the tools using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) where possible
- Providing Overall Cybersecurity expertise to the team and our clients
- Development of advanced conditional access policies
- Potential Live Cybersecurity Response in a Managed Services/Operations setting
- Helping leverage AI to automate Investigation and Response
- The development of Cybersecurity decoy systems to lure attackers off track leveraging Microsoft tools
Skills and attributes for success
- Microsoft 365 Expertise: This includes a deep understanding of Microsoft 365 services and applications, such as SharePoint, Teams, Exchange Online, OneDrive, and more. Knowledge of setting up and managing Microsoft 365 subscriptions and services is essential
- Cloud Security: Knowledge of how to protect sensitive information within Microsoft 365 by using security and compliance features is crucial. This includes setting up security policies, dealing with data loss prevention, and implementing access controls
- Active Directory: Knowledge of identity and access management through Active Directory (now Entra), Windows Azure AD, and identity synchronization tools is very important. This includes managing users and groups, condition access, B2C and B2B and understanding identity protection and governance.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Minimum of 5 years of Cybersecurity experience
- Excellent collaboration and presentation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
Ideally, you'll also have
- Professional services firm experience
- Being bilingual (English & French) would be an asset
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate (or similar)
- Microsoft Security Engineer Associate certification
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert (or similar)
- Microsoft Security Operations certifications (any)
- Other Cloud Certification
- Other Cybersecurity certifications
- PowerShell Scripting: Proficiency in PowerShell is beneficial for a M365 engineer role. This is because a lot of tasks related to user management, reporting, and automation within the M365 environment are made much easier with the usage of PowerShell commands.
What We Look For
We're interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity. If you have the confidence in your technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
What We Offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future.
Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.EY | Building a better working world EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.