Position Title: Manager, Strategic Execution - Sustainable Products
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Toronto HQ
Requisition ID: 27066
About the Sustainable Products Team
As a global leader in prepared food products, McCain has an opportunity to innovate to drive positive change for our planet. At McCain, sustainability goes to the heart of our purpose as a business. That purpose means putting agronomy at the forefront of all we do to ensure healthier soils which lead to more sustainably sourced food. The Sustainable Products team is responsible for scaling a sustainable product portfolio made from crops that are grown using regenerative agriculture methods which build soil health, improve biodiversity, and enhance on-farm resilience to climate change. The mission of the team is to scale sustainable products globally and across all channels. The Sustainable Products team is part of McCain's Global Growth & Strategy function and reports to Global Marketing & Innovation.
The position reports to the Head of Sustainable Products and is responsible for project management of a strategic global initiative that aims to scale a sustainable product portfolio. The role will be accountable for structuring workstreams, building detailed project plans, monitoring progress against workplans and budgets, working with senior stakeholders across regions and functions to align on workplans, developing content for internal and external presentations, and coordinating people and processes to ensure successful execution of the strategic initiative. The role will facilitate connections between the different workstreams of the initiative to drive desired outcomes, remove impediments to progress, proactively mitigate and manage risks, and support the team to complete tasks on time and at a high level of quality. The individual will need to be a strong generalist and be able to collaborate with the regions and functions to ensure progress in scaling the sustainable product portfolio.
The job responsibilities of the Manager, Strategic Execution - Sustainable Products include:
• Develop, maintain, and communicate structured project plans across multiple workstreams
• Follow structured approach for initiative management, including conducting reviews with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timelines and expectations are aligned, project execution is on time, budget, and quality, and risks/issues are quickly identified and proactively mitigated/resolved
• Monitor and manage initiative budget
• Provide regular status updates to the Head of Sustainable Products and the project team
• Ensure project team and regional taskforce meetings have clearly defined agendas, objectives, and participants
• Document action items, distribute to appropriate owners with clear timelines, and follow-up to ensure progress and drive closure
• Conduct analysis and prepare content for internal and external presentations; work with cross-functional stakeholders to gather inputs for analysis and content development; present findings
• Support the Head of Sustainable Products in developing the strategy for the global initiative
The ideal candidate will be a change-agent able to drive organizational changes in a fast-paced global environment and will have a hands-on, roll-up-their-sleeves, business-oriented working style with the intent of driving accountability. With an exceptional energy level, drive, and a commitment to excellence, s/he will be a natural leader and will inspire outstanding performance. Excellent project management and communication (written and verbal) skills are paramount. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to partner with cross-functional stakeholders to drive solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Project management skills: identification and management of stakeholders, milestone development and tracking of progress, resource management, risk mitigation, detailed action planning, and change management
• Knowledge of project management practices and tools; PMP certification is an asset
• Excellent communication skills to effectively and persuasively articulate positions to various audiences
• Ability to prepare presentation content for executive audiences and external stakeholders
• Ability to influence others without direct authority over them
• Proven capability to develop and maintain strong collaborative business relationships across global and regional functions; highly developed interpersonal skills
• Structured and proactive thinker with the ability to respond to unexpected situations; ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise
• Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills to proactively address and mitigate issues
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
• Experience working in a professional services firm is an asset
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Global Growth
Department: Global Marketing and Innovation
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto || US - United States of America : Illinois : Oakbrook Terrace
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)