Clinical Occupational Therapist I, Temporary Full-Time
Community Based Rehab and Restorative Care (approx 1 year)
Definition of work:
This position will report to the Regional Manager of Community supports and work as part of a collaborative team partnering with community stakeholders and NL Health Service Staff. Travel may be required.
This occupational therapy position is a highly independent clinical position with the primary purpose of facilitating optimal occupational performance of clients with a wide variety of physical, or environmentally induced impairments utilizing the model of restorative care. In addition, this position provides leadership in the coordination of services for rehab and restorative care in a community based setting. This pilot project is an initiative of the Department of Health and Community Service to assess the effectiveness of community based rehab and restorative care. There will be a partnership with a community based stakeholder for the delivery of this service. This position will receive clinical support from the Occupational Therapist III Clinical Practice Lead. Clinical work involves screening for admission, client assessment, development of client centered goals, intervention plans, and completion of all required documentation. There will be an expectation for data collection and collaboration to measure successes and note areas for improvement within this pilot project. The successful candidate will provide leadership within NL Health Service Central Zone's Community Supports Division by building on existing partnerships across various care sectors of NL Health Services, including Long Term Care, Acute Care, Occupational Therapy, physiotherapy and Community Supports. In addition, this position will collaborate with private stakeholders involved in this pilot project. Travel throughout the region may be required.
The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care; demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvement and demonstrate a commitment to safety partnering with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* A degree in Occupational Therapy.
* Current license with the Newfoundland & Labrador Council of Health Professionals.
* Registration with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists and be registered with the Newfoundland and Labrador Occupational Therapy Licensing Board.
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the development of program evaluation.
* Demonstrated research and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated.
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* A valid Newfoundland & Labrador class 5 driver's license.
* Use of a private Vehicle
* Consistent demonstration of NL Health Service's corporate values; I CARE- Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of work: 75 hours bi-weekly (Shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-41 ($39.32-$46.37)
Competition number: P-2023001164-TBD
Competition closing date: Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.