Requisition ID: 180168
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: 8830 Tower Lane Mall Safeway Pharmacy
Postal Code: T4B 2B8
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.'s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are passionate about taking care of the health and well-being of individuals and families our communities.
You'll be part of our pharmacy team that's committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care and exceeding patients' expectations. We are looking for friendly, knowledgeable, and professional individuals to join our team who will make meeting the health needs of our patients their top priority
Here's where you'll be focusing:
Prescription assembly and data entry:
- Processing customer transactions (receive and release prescription requests)
- Receiving in-person and telephone refill requests and record deliveries
- Understanding and promoting pharmacy programs
- Filing prescriptions, ordering, and replenishing supplies, and cleaning
- Drug order creation and receiving, compounding and pill pack assembly
- Scheduling professional clinical services
- Behind the counter management, cycle counts, narcotic counts, stock returns, tallman lettering, manual third parties
- Assisting the pharmacist with dispensary tasks as permitted by scope
What you have to offer:
- Preferred: Pharmacy Assistant Diploma from a recognized post-secondary Institute
- Will consider applicants with 2 years retail Canadian Pharmacy Experience in lieu of certificate in some Provinces
- Previous pharmacy experience is an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
What we have to offer:
- A competitive total compensation package that will vary by role and location
- Flexible work life arrangements to meet your lifestyle needs
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.