Build the Future with us!
We build Relationships. We build Communities. We build the Future. At Lindsay Construction, we have been growing the communities of Atlantic Canada for over 60 years and we want you to join us! Be part of something great and feel the impact you make on the community you live in.
Reporting to the Purchaser, the Purchasing Administrator resolves discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders, issues purchase orders (POs), conducts invoice check-ins with project managers, and forecasts ongoing purchase order needs.
Here's why we think you'll love working at Lindsay:
- Flexible working hours throughout the year (early "Lindsay Fridays")
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Employee Health Benefits
- Group RRSP with 4% matching
- On-site gym facilities and an annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Frequent social and community-based events
- Opportunities to collaborate closely with senior personnel and other departments
Here's what your day-to-day looks like:
- Prepare, review, and issue purchase orders based on specifications and company procedures
- Resolving any discrepancies between purchase orders and corresponding invoices
- Verify item pricing from supplier pricing lists
- Send Requests for Quotations (RFQs) to suppliers for pricing on incoming sourcing requests from operations / service
- Assists the Purchaser in sourcing goods and services
- Marking purchase orders complete
- Making purchase order revisions based on project team direction
- Verify pricing on purchase orders with suppliers we have a pricing sheet or contract price with
- Maintain a current Lindsay Construction Buyers List
- Convey buyers list updates to approved suppliers
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 to 3 years' experience in construction procurement
- Supply chain background
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Thorough understanding of the construction procurement process
- Solid knowledge in the fundamentals of the purchasing life cycle
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, sub trades, and members of the business community
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to reprioritize tasks according to timelines
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand environment
How to Apply:
Please use the link provided to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.