Regional Privacy Compliance Analyst, Permanent Full Time
Information, Privacy and Regulatory Oversight, Location to be determined
Definition of work:
Reporting to the Regional Information & Privacy Manager, and providing support to the regional director, this position shares responsibility for implementation of the organization-wide Information Access and Auditing Framework for protection of Central Health business, personal and personal health information under its custody or control, in accordance with provincial legal and regulatory requirements. The position is accountable for conducting information access and other auditing protocols to ensure compliance under the Personal Health Information Act and the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015, to promote compliance and a privacy culture throughout Central Health. The position is accountable for performing privacy audits for Central Health clinical information systems, completing regional privacy walk rounds and other access and privacy issues as assigned. The Privacy Compliance Analyst will assist in implementing and reporting on compliance measures across the organization based on recognized provincial, national and international privacy standards. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centred care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* Supports a focus on service excellence, continuous quality improvement, and integration of positive privacy practices within Central Health.
* Supports privacy and auditing awareness across Central Heath program areas, clinical information systems, and facilities, including coordination of regional privacy walk rounds.
* Centralized intake and assistance in the processing of informal access requests for disclosure of personal information and/or business records in the custody or control of Central Health, pursuant to the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 and other applicable legislation.
* Provides support for information system auditing to ensure authorized access by end-users and role-based access protocols for authorized access to client records and information systems.
* Coordinates Audit Incident Follow-up reports with Central Health managers and applicable program areas, including identifying access trends and safeguards for protection and authorized access to confidential information.
* Completes other auditing protocols as delegated through the Information, Privacy and Regulatory Oversight program area.
* Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Education Department and Early Education and Development.
* Undergraduate degree in a Health, Privacy, Information Management or other related field.
* Current registration/licensure in the relevant professional association, if applicable.
* 2 years progressive leadership experience within a health care, legal or other regulatory environment.
* Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Demonstrated skills, behaviors, abilities, and knowledge as outlined in the five domains of the LEADS in a Caring Environment Framework.
* Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
* CIAPP certification/designation.
* Experience with formal privacy related or legislative analysis experience, or having worked under a legislative regime with privacy or confidentiality requirements.
* Experience and knowledge of health information systems and privacy and security issues.
Hours of Work: 70 hours bi-weekly (flexible work schedule may be required)
Salary: HL 17 ($59,030 - $76,739)
Competition No.: P-2023001091-REG
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.