Full Time - Permanent
$62,000 - $74,000
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots, and purpose-driven cultures.
Location: Hybrid working arrangement available in proximate location to any of our 11 branches throughout Western, NL and Labrador.
As part of the Member Experience and Communications team, the Marketing Specialist has an integral role in planning, developing, recommending and delivering an effective marketing and communications program. You will ensure that the AECU marketing program is designed to promote the credit union's products and services to both existing and prospective members; and is aligned with the cooperative principles.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Develop and recommend strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Conduct analysis, and prepare reports of market trends
- Perform annual analysis of financial, technological, and demographic factors in order to drive marketing programs and promotions
- Plan and execute AECU advertising and promotional activities including but not limited to social media, radio and print media
- Maintains close liaison with advertising agencies and consultants on advertising and promotional campaigns
- Manage development, production, and distribution of promotional materials to support marketing programs, including negotiations of contractual terms with outside agencies and suppliers
- Develop, recommend, and implement marketing capital and operating budgets.
- Monitor and analyze marketing programs for performance
- Assist in the development and management of AECU's public relations plan, including an effective media relations program ensuring alignment with promotional campaigns
- Manage AECU's overall brand image by overseeing brand standards related to promotional displays and visual branch standards
- Plan, develop, recommend, and implement content for AECU's website and social media platforms
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a Bachelor's degree with a concentration in marketing, plus have 3 - 5 years' marketing experience in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Superior digital marketing skills, including website and social media planning, management, and design
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of marketing and promotion
- Proven sales skills
- Demonstrated negotiation and consultation skills
- Proven people leadership capability
- Experience with strategy development and project management
- Advanced knowledge of products and services
- Working knowledge of policies and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications, and 0365
What's in it for you?
- An exceptional workplace culture, and an opportunity to join an engaged and community-driven team
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework, and Hybrid depending on the role requirements
- Generous benefit package including a flexible health and dental plan (minimum 60% employer paid), including life insurance, ADD, EAP, optional Critical Illness and Best Doctors
- 6% contribution with employer matching in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- An annual Northern Allowance of $4800
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development opportunities
- We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our employee performance management program
- Additional benefits, include but are not limited to paid volunteer, sick time and personal leave, reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to [email protected].
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.