EMR Practice Advisor
(1 Permanent; Full Time and 1 Temporary; Full Time)
Competition Number: 2023 EMRPA 075 (please quote in application)
Location: St. John's NL
Salary Scale: HL-20 ($67,978 - $88,372)
Closing Date: September 29, 2023
As part of the Newfoundland and Labrador Health Services, the Digital Health division provides quality information to health professionals, the public, researchers, and health system decision makers. Through collaboration with the health system, we support the development of data and technical standards, maintain key health databases, carry out analytics and evaluation, and support health research. We support healthcare within Newfoundland and Labrador, including patients and communities through the delivery of information technology (IT) and digital health services applied in the healthcare system to provide quality care. Our mandate includes the development and implementation of a confidential and secure provincial electronic health record as well as other provincial clinical information programs, including the change management required to support adoption by end user clinicians.
About the Role
We are currently looking for one (1) permanent full time and (1) temporary full time EMR Practice Advisor(s) to work as a part of the Provincial Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Program, a partnership between the Department of Health and Community Services, the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association, and NL Health Services, Digital Health. In this position you will:
- Deliver advice and assistance to physicians and clinic staff during the implementation process on how the provincial EMR can help improve the delivery of health care and gain efficiencies in managing their practice.
- Promote strategic and systematic planning to support the successful adoption of the provincial EMR solution.
- Assess clinical workflow to enhance and mature use of the electronic medical records to optimize outcomes.
- Provide training and support as required to health care professionals.
- Participate in program initiatives such as webinars, committees, governance activities, program development, & quality improvement.
- Drive provincial standardization in alignment with stakeholder priorities.
- Develops, enhances, and maintains clinical relationships.
- Leads and/or supports collaborative partnerships with health care professionals.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to achieve common goals and vision.
- Support best practices and processes at a project and program level.
Your education and experience include:
- A bachelor's degree in business, education, or a health-related discipline
- A minimum of five years' experience in a progressively responsible management/leadership role
- Experience in Adult Education
- Experience in Quality Improvement and/or Change Management
You have the following skills and abilities:
- Strong facilitation, communication, interpersonal and networking skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects in an organized manner.
- Ability to engage a diverse group of stakeholders to drive consensus and facilitate solutions.
- A strong understanding and background in use of technology.
- Knowledge of the provincial health care environment.
- Strong understanding of technology and systems.
- Ability to self-manage and work with diverse teams.
- An understanding of:
- Clinical and primary care physician practices
- eHealth offerings
- Change management practices and principles
It would be an asset if you have:
- Knowledge of how EMRs are applied in clinical practices.
- Understanding of NL Health Services practices.
- Background in the provision of health care.
- Knowledge of Primary Care Physician Practice
- Project Management training
Demonstrated equivalencies may be considered.
We can offer you a respectful and engaging workplace that provides:
- Meaningful work
- Medical and dental benefits
- A defined benefit pension plan
- Flexible work arrangements (flex time; compressed; hybrid)
- Work-life balance
- A generous paid leave program (six weeks)
- An active social club
- An employee and family assistance program
- An innovative, energetic, and forward-thinking workplace culture
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding career opportunity, please apply through https://www.nlchi.nl.ca/index.php/careers.
Please note: We frequently post or see our job ads on job aggregators, which are essentially search engines for job postings. In most circumstances these aggregator sites ask you to apply for the posted job directly on their platform and we will not directly receive your application. To ensure your application is received and reviewed, we kindly ask that if you have an interest in applying with the Newfoundland and Labrador Health Services that you do so by visiting https://www.nlchi.nl.ca/index.php/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon completion of required background checks including acceptable professional reference checks, provision of a satisfactory certificate of conduct, confirmation of educational credentials, and validation of legal entitlement to work in Canada, if applicable (valid work permits should be attached with your application).
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, they consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information required for the purposes of recruitment. Personal information will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment considerations for a period of one year following closing date of this competition, unless otherwise noted by the applicant.