Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 9 manufacturing/retail locations serving Atlantic Canada. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Plant Supervisor will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Education Required: High School Diploma
- Lead hand or supervisory experience is required
- People management skills is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude considered an asset
- Loader experience considered an asset
- Class 3 driver's license or willingness to acquire
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Clear understanding and dedication to meeting deadlines
- Understanding of mechanical concepts
- Ability to work variable hours and days during peak season
- Previous exposure to an agricultural environment is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Word and Excel
- Oversee and coordinate the daily operations of the plant in the most efficient, cost effective & safe manner
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to ensure we provide superior customer service
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of the Truro facility
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement projects to support objectives
- Inventory control
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and complete the appropriate documentation
- Oversee preventative and planned maintenance of plant equipment
- Ensure safety compliance and operational training is up to date
- Oversee and provide input on the seasonal hiring needs and recruitment process
- Helping with preparing the budget and working within the budget.
Cavendish Agri Services is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships, fitness classes or online workout programs
- Maternity leave top-up program (if applicable)
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development as well as 24/7 access to online curated learning
- Growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Agri Services and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
For further details, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. #LI-KR1