Acadian Seaplants Limited is on the hunt for our next incredible and dynamic Processing Manager based in our Facility in Charlesville, Nova Scotia.
As the Process Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the processing of cultivated marine plants focusing on quantity, quality, cost, and safety. You will lead the Wet Processing Operation as well as the upgrade and packaging of the finished products in the Dry Processing Department. The successful candidate must have experience managing a P&L, people leadership and a background in Lean Manufacturing.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage processing in a timely, safe, and efficient manner to produce finished food grade products that meet or exceed all quality parameters and that meet or improve the budgeted unit cost.
- Develop, refine, and implement Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP for all processes for each product to ensure quality standards and food regulatory standards are achieved.
- Develop annual financial budgets and ensure targets are met on a monthly & annual basis.
- Procure and manage employees to meet financial, quality, quantity, and safety targets.
- Develop and implement any changes to the process that will improve quality, reduce yield loss, or decrease unit cost of the product.
- Analyze and anticipate all changes in variables within processing as they relate to quality and cost of the finished product.
- Respond quickly to complaints regarding quality and implement any necessary changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Coordinate and maintain appropriate inventory of processing and packaging supplies to prevent disruption in processing activities.
- Ensure the inventory process and shipping of finished product meet the needs of clients.
- Seek out opportunities in development and implementation of changes in the process for new products and processes that will benefit the company.
- Keep abreast of food technology and food process innovation.
- Monitor operations of the facility and inspect, test, or measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools, gauges, and specifications to verify conformance to standards.
- Co-ordinate departmental human resource issues through communication and monitoring of objectives, including training, performance management and all other policies and procedures to develop a solid team and a positive working atmosphere.
- Develop employees for future advancement when possible.
- Ensure all health and safety measures are taken in accordance with government regulations and company policies to eliminate or control risks and hazards with a goal of experiencing no lost time accidents.
- Coordinate and implement daily reports and maintain a daily reporting structure to the site manager.
- Prepare an annual budget covering all processing aspects of cultivated sea vegetables.
- Execute approved budget in a timely and efficient manner to produce quality product at a predictable cost.
- Support the company's vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, and Environmental Management by displaying the appropriate behaviors and leadership towards meeting the company's objectives in these areas.
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 10 years demonstrated management experience. (Management experience in the food industry is an asset.)
- Experience in Manufacturing Process Management - experience in Lean Manufacturing an asset
- Experience in Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Experience leading teams and people management
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
If this opportunity sounds like it was made for you, we'd like to meet you. To further explore this opportunity, just submit your application to Steve Empringham by clicking "Apply Now"
About Acadian Seaplants Limited
Do you want to work for a company with engaged and passionate employees who lean in everyday? Now, imagine working for a company where you can positively impact the health and growth of all living things while protecting the environment. That's what the employees of Acadian Seaplants are proud to do each and every day. For Twenty consecutive years, Acadian Seaplants Limited has secured the designation as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies! In fact, Acadian Seaplants has achieved Platinum Status for the past nine years!
Acadian Seaplants Limited ('ASL') is the world leader in marine plant products for people, animals and plants. It exports its premium products to more than 80 countries, employs 400+ people in 16 countries and manages five processing facilities in Atlantic Canada, Ireland and Scotland. Sustainably harvested wild and custom cultivated seaweeds are processed into technical products for global horticultural/agricultural, animal feed, health & beauty and food service industries.
Our innovative culture begins with our people! At ASL, compensation is more than just about salary. It includes benefits, performance and recognition, as well as career opportunities and professional development. We promote a culture where people feel engaged!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.