At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands.
The Quality/Technical Manager is a key member of the Site Leadership team, responsible for the health and effectiveness of the Quality Management System. The Quality/Technical Manager acts as a steward to ensure internal and external customer requirements are met or exceeded. In this role, the Quality/Technical Manager will partner with site and corporate resources to execute on quality improvement initiatives and projects, including product and process improvement. This is a permanent, full-time position based out of our Toronto, Ontario plant. (1551 Weston Road, M6M 4Y4). The primary language of work is English.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the Pulp & Paper Industry
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, inclusive of 3-5 year experience in a quality assurance or product technical role
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with the development and implementation of a Quality Management System considered a strong asset
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certifications considered a strong asset
- Green Belt and/or Black Belt certification considered an asset
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team, resolve conflict, and coach team members.
- Excellent influencing skills, ability to develop buy-in from individuals outside their authority and maintain strong working relationships cross-functionally
- Customer and consumer focused.
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead a team of Quality Assurance professionals in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Work closely with plant operations on quality improvement initiatives, projects, and solutions.
- Serve as the principle contact with outside agencies, quality audit organizations, customer, and supplier quality departments.
- Partner with the Corporate Technical group on quality, packaging and product development improvement initiatives and corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensure adherence to product specifications and statistical process control (SPC) for product quality.
- Lead the investigation, root cause analysis and solution implementation to quality issues.
- Report on quality metrics and trends and partner with site teams to develop solutions to identified gaps.
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don't meet every requirement? Research has shown that many people only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we're looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.