The Health Care Human Resource Sector Council (HCHRSC) is a not-for-profit organization working collaboratively with the health and community care sectors to contribute to a quality, sustainable workforce. The Council promotes excellence in human resource innovation and builds capacity through collaboration with stakeholders.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overall management and operation of the organization, stakeholder relationships and public relations for the HCHRSC. The Director ensures objective focus, research, innovation and collaborative linkages to develop and share best practices in addressing sector-wide health human resource challenges in Nova Scotia through training, tools and other supports.
- Oversight of complex, project-based budgets, capital assets and property;
- Foster positive working relationships/partnerships with other organizations, such as the Nova Scotia Department of Labour, Skills and Immigration, Nova Scotia Department of Seniors and Long-Term care, Nova Scotia Department of Community Services;
- Recruit, lead and manage the operational team;
- Responsible for grants and contracts management including negotiating agreement terms, documentation, monitoring and reporting progress of agreements;
- Ensure administrative support to the Board of Directors; acts as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors and committees of the Board; implements plans to achieve the strategic priorities set by the board;
- Development of the annual budget, monitoring the Board approved budget, ensuring adequate control and accounting of all funds and assets.
A Bachelors Degree in a related discipline and at least five years' experience providing leadership in a non-profit environment. A systems thinker who understands the complexity of the health and community services sector. Competencies include operational and financial management, portfolio and project management, project-based funding, adult education or related areas.
Work With Us
The HCHRSC values a diverse workplace; we welcome people from all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, age, religion, physical and mental abilities.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified applicants chosen for a potential interview will be contacted for a pre-interview discussion.