Under One Sky
Early Childhood Educator - Aboriginal Head Start Program
Under One Sky is a vibrant and caring community hub, providing programs and services, educating, advocating for, and empowering a healthy and proud Indigenous Community. Under One Sky invites applications for an Early Childhood Educator in the Aboriginal Head Start Program to support our growing organization.
We are looking for passionate Educators who are devoted to nurturing our Indigenous children and who recognize the vital role they play with our families, community, and future. Someone who is excited to help guide and expand on children's interests, loves to create invitations for play, guide play experiences all while expanding on the NB Curriculum Framework and supporting the components of the Aboriginal Head Start Urban and Northern Initiative.
We know what it takes to not just be a good Educator, but what it takes to be a GREAT EDUCATOR and if this sounds like you - we cannot wait to meet you!
If you are an ambitious Educator, who is committed to utilising your knowledge and experience to raise the standards of Early Childhood Education, Under One Sky's Aboriginal Head Start Program may be the place for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a superstar Educator you will:
- Implement programs to facilitate learning
- Create an awesome environment which is welcoming and attractive to children in accordance with provincial regulations
- Ensure the six components of Aboriginal Head Start (AHS) are implemented into daily delivery
- Create and foster relationships with our children and families
- Become part of the family with your team
- Deliver a quality cycle of planning and curriculum
- Plan, prepare and deliver our Take It Outside program
- Early Childhood Educator Certificate or Diploma
- College Certificate, Diploma or University Degree that is recognized through the Wage Support Program
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid First Aid-CPR certificate
- Social Development Check (will be completed upon hiring)
WHAT WE OFFER
To ensure you focus on being the best version of yourself, we have spent time finding out what Educators want.
Once you're a part of our Aboriginal Head Start Team, you get:
- An enthusiastic team of like-minded Educators
- Scheduled planning time
- Cultural Events (sweats, tanning, etc.)
- Counselling Sessions
- Additional Leave
- Support from Managers
- Ongoing training
- Double staff ratios
- Cultural Activities (beading, drumming, etc.)
- Snow days
- Childcare workshops
- Paid breaks and lunch
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and be the best Educator that you can, don't waste another second and apply now! Preference will be given to qualified candidates of Indigenous descent.
Send your cover letter and resume by September 29, 2023, via email to [email protected]
*Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted