Medavie Health Services New Brunswick (MHSNB) is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated organization specializing in the delivery of primary health care services with the goal of facilitating access to quality care so that patients can achieve better health outcomes. MHSNB is fortunate to be able to count on the expertise of its employees who work passionately to build a healthier province.
Our company is currently looking for new team members to support its mission of providing excellence in emergency and community care within our various programs, namely Ambulance New Brunswick, the Extra-Mural Program and NB Health Link. Each advocates for a highly coordinated, quality service offering guided by a goal of continuous improvement across primary health care.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
We are looking for a Collections Administrator. Located in Moncton, the Collections Administrator is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day collections of outstanding accounts. Reporting to the Billing Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for reviewing the status of delinquent accounts and the initiation of appropriate collection processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing status of delinquent accounts and initiating collection action;
- Notifying customers of delinquent accounts according to due dates. Issuing past due statements monthly, issuing late notice letters to customers who are not current, monitor results, and follow-up with customers as necessary;
- Initiating customer telephone contact to seek payment and research customer invoice and payment history;
- Preparing recommendations for account referrals to external collection agencies for severely delinquent accounts;
- Initiating appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable;
- Recommending repayment plans that contribute to overall improvement in collections while considering the individual circumstances of our patients;
- Taking inbound Billing inquiry calls;
- Cover front desk receptionist for lunch breaks and vacations as needed;
- Any other duties assigned by the Billing Supervisor.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- Possess a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in consumer collections with focus on individual customer accounts and/or equivalent customer service experience;
- Have experience researching and resolving customer-billing issues;
- Have proven and effective customer service telephone skills with superior conflict resolution ability;
- Are a self-motivated individual with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues and implement resolutions;
- Have experience in a computerized accounting environment and have spreadsheet knowledge;
- Must be comfortable making a very high volume of out bound collections calls in a customer service focused manner.
Bilingualism is required for this position.
Work With Us
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please apply now.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.