Join our team!!
SMILE Therapy for Kids Atlantic serves children ages 0-16 and their families, with a wide range of abilities, needs, diagnoses, and backgrounds. We are seeking Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologists to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia
We are a dynamic group of therapists who support children using the highest quality therapies to meet the needs of our clients and truly make a difference in the lives of children and their families.
We are seeking compassionate and skilled Pediatric Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech Pathologists to join our dedicated team at SMILE Therapy For Kids Atlantic, specializing in providing comprehensive care to children with disabilities. As a Pediatric PT, OT or SLP, you will play a vital role in helping children achieve their developmental and functional milestones, enhancing their quality of life and promoting their overall well-being. Your expertise and empathy will contribute to creating a supportive and nurturing environment for both the children and their families.
NOTE***Working Conditions: This is a contract-based position where you will provide fee-for-service Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology to children. As a contract-based practitioner, you will be responsible for managing your own insurance, taxes, and related administrative matters in accordance with local regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support children with a variety of disabilities to maximize their participation while promoting and supporting the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual well- being of the children and their families.
- You will be required to provide assessment and intervention with the support of assisting staff.
- Working closely with parents and functioning as a part of a multidisciplinary team, you will assist infants and children to attain their optimal potential.
- This role may also engage with volunteers and students.
- Ongoing support/mentorship and training will be provided to help you continue to grow as a therapist.
- We respect and support a balanced lifestyle and allow you to have complete autonomy of your workday/workload.
- Contribute to the team by providing creativity, problem solving, support and positive outlook to the Clinic as a whole
- Develop and implement personalized, evidence-based physiotherapy intervention plans tailored to each child's specific condition, age, and goals.
- Utilize a wide range of therapeutic techniques and exercises to improve motor skills, balance, coordination, strength, and mobility.
- Monitor progress through regular assessments and adjust treatment plans as needed to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Provide emotional support to both children and their families, fostering a trusting and respectful therapeutic relationship.
- Stay current with the latest advancements in pediatric physiotherapy and contribute to the integration of new techniques and technologies into practice
Skills and Qualifications:
Graduated from an accredited program and are registered with the Nova Scotia College of Occupational Therapy, College of Physiotherapy, College of Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathologists
Proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Intermediate level of computer usage.
Strong time management skills
Ability to work independently with little direction, self-motivation and demonstrate initiative.
Experience with children who have a variety of developmental, physical, and communicative disorders
Excellent organizing, coordinating, and managing the program demands in a fast-paced environment
High levels of attention to detail and confidentiality.
Work With Us
Enhance Your Professional Expertise: Join Our Team as a PT, OT, or SLP, and Receive Comprehensive Dynamic Movement Intervention Training as Part of Your Employment Benefits.