At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Technology is changing the way businesses are operating. New technologies provide businesses with the potential to deliver new services, operate in new markets and to change the way they operate. Associated with these opportunities come risks and our clients seek independent advice and assurance over diverse issues, which include: the design and operation of their internal controls, the security of their business critical systems, the delivery of major IT enabled programmes, their relationships with third parties, and their management, stewardship and ability to exploit business critical data.
EY is seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Technology Risk team, which is part of our Business Consulting service line. This professional will manage EY engagement teams, as well as directly assist clients in employing information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. The successful candidate will also work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT professionals in performing information technology (IT) control and security engagements.
This professional will also be expected to interact with other members of the Business Consulting service line and potentially touch upon topics such as cyber security, IT risk assessments, privacy assessments, technology selections & implementations, data analysis and many other issues our clients deal with
Your key responsibilities
The candidate will be required to participate in both internal and external audit services, as well as broader Business Consulting activities. This includes, but will not be limited to:
- Financial Audit IT Integration – Execution of IT related audit procedures (including IT related procedures beyond ITGCs) in support of financial statement audits and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting (integrated and non-integrated audits)
- Internal Controls Attestations – Focus on providing an opinion on management's assertion over business processes and controls including IT General Controls.
- Service organization reporting – Focus on the issuance of third-party reports in the form of 3416 reports, SOC 1 & SOC 2 reports, etc.
- Provide high quality professional day-to-day management of internal/external audit engagements/projects and understand EY's practices and broader service offerings and identify potential opportunities to improve such service offerings
- Lead and support on-site coordination role for clients including planning, briefing team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Prepare IT reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency of a control or process.
- Able to discuss and resolve audit issues and recommendations with client management.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations
- Lead and provide relevant support to the teams of senior consultants and consultants, including delivering formal IT Audit related trainings.
- Maintain long-term client relationships and networks as well as cultivate business development opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong skills in project management and engagement closure
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Strong experience interacting with clients at all levels including Leadership and Partners:
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong team working abilities
- A passion to contribute to the continued growth of the practice
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in IT audits and/or risk assessments and/or technology evaluations
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or another relevant program required.
- Possessing relevant accounting / audit designation(s) or working towards one (e.g. CPA, CIA, and/or CISA) is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBIT, ITIL, or other IT frameworks would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specific platforms such as SAP, Oracle, Windows, etc. would be an asset.
- Experience with data and analytics tools, such as ACL, to provide IT support to non-IT auditors.
- Proficiency using SharePoint and MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and PowerPoint.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Hands on experience with project management or IT operations based in large enterprise resource planning systems such as Oracle Financials, SAP, etc. or information security would be an asset.
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.