At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority. You won't find a tax culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term role in personal tax compliance, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As a Tax Technician, you'll be part of EY`s Global Compliance & Reporting practice, we are currently seeking Tax Technician in our Toronto office location. This position offers excellent opportunities for learning to the right candidate. We are seeking full-time candidates who can fulfill the following responsibilities and qualifications.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Technician, you'll work with the team to manage administrative tasks. In addition, you'll:
- Prepare supporting documents and working papers
- Collate and e-file submissions of tax returns
- Develop direct contacts with clients, acting as a liaison between client contacts and internal teams
- Provide clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products
Skills and attributes for success
- The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and high volume environment with keen attention to client needs
- The ability to coordinate and manage a large team of staff to meet target due dates
- The ability to manage time spent against budget, and work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables
- The ability to be proactive, use own initiative, and work independently, as well as part of the team
- The ability to demonstrate sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes and propose solutions as needed
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- College diploma in accounting, finance or tax, or equivalent
- Previous related tax experience would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- The flexibility to work additional hours
Ideally, you'll also have
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- A commitment to learning and using our tax technology and processes
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the LGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.