Requisition ID: 182596
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada's leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is and we continue to evolve on what it can be, using technology to create innovative, forward thinking banking solutions with our clients' needs in mind. We are made up of high performing, curious, energetic and collaborative individuals who thrive in our high trust agile environment to deliver best in class solutions for our customers. We believe in giving people hands-on challenges and the responsibilities that come with them, allowing them to grow, evolve and create opportunities to build their career. Are you ready to make the change and become part of an established disruptor with the backing of a highly engaged team? If so come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
Senior Software Developer:
As a Senior Developer, you will be joining one of our teams, expanding our banking platform. You will be contributing to the development of world-class digital products and experiences touching millions of Tangerine customers every day. We are looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers and the banking industry.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- You dream in code and spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
- Interested in the impact that financial services technology can have on people's everyday lives
- Experienced in user-centered design
- Eager to mentor, teach and share
- Continuous integration and deployment makes you giddy
- Knowledge of the latest and greatest approaches to Agile Technical Practices
- You enjoy collaborating and working alongside people with different skillsets
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- You have 5 or more years of software development experience, (conceptualization, design, development and debugging) with at least two years of experience providing hands-on architectural design for software applications with an understanding of design patterns such as MVVM, MVC, Clean Architecture
- Sound technical knowledge with:
- Java, J2EE
- Web Services (REST & SOAP)
- Angular 8(+)
- Java Script
- Spring Boot (Micro Services)
- You have experience with unit-testing, code for robustness, security, usability and improving performance of the overall application
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong command in Computer Science concepts (SOLID, etc.)
- Experience in integrating Third Party libraries and SDKs
- Experience building applications that consume web services and HTTP REST interaction with JSON
- Strong problem solving abilities
- You're passionate about well-designed products and not afraid to sit with our Design Team to prototype, wireframe, and white-board your ideas
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.