Requisition ID: 182278
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Technical Lead – Software Engineering
Contributes to the overall success of the Scotia Digital Authentication Services in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted comply with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you?
Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Software Engineer with at least 5 years of experience developing and supporting applications
- Ensure all applicable test cases are aligned with technical requirements, will support the execution of IST and UAT testing in preparation for production releases, maintaining documentation in confluence and JIRA
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of QA methodology, procedures and standards
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology backed by hands on experience, development techniques and best practices for an enterprise framework
- Must be keen to learn new technologies on a regular basis
- Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities, demonstrated from both technical and business perspectives
- Skilled in communicating design concept to influence audience for difficult decisions
- Excellent problem-solving skills; have vision and innovative approach to computer-based solutions and ability to convey these ideas
- Exceptional planning and analytical skills, ability to focus on the critical issues
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
- Must be able to think out-of-the-box
- Excellent English verbal and written communication is a must
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of common IT organizational technology and processes.
- Must have an expert ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments/stakeholders, requiring a mature, diplomatic approach and well-developed negotiation and influencing skills.
Nice to have:
- Solid experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms and cloud-based computing, cloud foundry, a good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time
- Working knowledge on SaaS Identity Management solutions
- Authentication Protocols: SAML 2, OIDC, OAuth 2
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
- Seasoned in CI & CD skills and tools
- Some familiarity with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.)
- Possess well developed leadership ability, as well as coaching and training experiences
- Banking/Financial Services' working experience would be an asset
- Familiarity with Scotiabank's various business lines (Insurance, Wealth) and channels (LEAP, SCO, SOL, SFX) is an asset.
- Spanish is an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.