About FCC Construction
FCC Construction has been doing business in Atlantic Canada since 1960, with three main operating divisions which include: Construction Management, Electrical Contracting and Communication Cabling. Our Electrical Contracting division has immediate openings within the estimating department.
The Electrical Estimator will be responsible for the completion of Tenders, Bid Requests, Requests for Quotation (RFQs) & Requests for Proposal (RFPs) in the Commercial and Industrial Markets (Pulp & Paper, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Sawmills, Mining) by developing accurate and competitive estimates. This position requires a candidate who is detail focused, ability to react and adjust to changing conditions and come up with practical solutions. The ideal candidate should be self-disciplined and self-assured as there is a necessity to provide high quality, organized and repeatable results.
- Participate in site walk throughs with Clients and Consultants.
- Conduct a thorough review of all contract documents, specifications, and drawings.
- Obtain any additional required information from suppliers, subcontractors, owners, and other project stakeholders.
- Review tender details, project closing dates and specific requirements with the Management
- Prepare estimates by quantifying, organizing, and tabulating all material, equipment, labor, and subcontract costs.
- Develop labor, material, and subcontractor strategies in order to complete a competitive proposal.
- Work with Purchasing department to obtain pricing on material, equipment & subcontracts.
- Complete a collaborative review of the estimate with the Project Manager and Division Manager to ensure agreement with labor, material, equipment, and subcontracting quantities and costs.
- Review tender closing documents and obtain signatures, bonding, and insurance certificates.
- Follow up on submitted tenders with general contractors, clients, and owners to get bid results.
- Participate in daily & weekly estimating reporting of closings, opportunities, and workload.
Experience & Technical Requirements
- A Journeyman Electrician with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience or an estimator with at least 3 years previous electrical estimating experience.
- Experience in Industrial, Commercial & Renewable (Wind, Solar) Projects is preferred.
- Experience working with estimating software. Strong MS Office skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Exceptional time-management skills. Able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks quickly. Thrives in a busy, deadline-oriented environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Good problem solver and critical thinker.
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, FCC Construction offers a competitive wage and benefits package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming, and team celebratory events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of construction-related companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.