Registered Nurse IB-Float, Permanent Full-Time
Nursing, Fogo Island Health Centre, Fogo Island
Definition of Work:
This is professional nursing work with responsibility to provide professional standards of nursing care for clients. Work involves assessment, evaluation, and implementation of a plan of care often in collaboration as part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team. Provides care, comfort, and nurturing; administers medications/treatments; educates and counsels patients related to diagnoses, procedures, treatments and therapies; and maintains accurate records. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current registration with the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- BLS certification for health care providers from the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Current ACLS, TNCC, PALS, CTAS, and Health Assessment or be willing to complete next available courses.
- Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
- A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
- Experience in long-term/acute/emergency nursing.
- CNA certification in Gerontology.
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly (Shift work may be required)
Salary: NS-30 ($40.36-$50.24)
Competition No.: P-2022000912-FIH
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.