MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST
Who We Are:
Our team operates within a highly technical, fast paced, competitive business and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to a successful team.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick that produce a combined one million tonnes of product and employ over 1000 employees.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Capital Projects Group as a Mechanical Maintenance Specialist . In this role, you will work as a representative of the Mill Maintenance team supporting design, construction, and startup of large capital projects. The successful applicant will be given on the job training to perform duties such as but not limited to:
- Participate in detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, and startup of major capital projects.
- Work with engineering consultants and equipment vendors to ensure standardization of equipment and spare parts where applicable.
- Participate in drawing and model reviews ensuring maintenance needs for safety and access are satisfied.
- Load equipment information into CMMS.
- Evaluate equipment for required spare parts. Perform risk analysis with operations team to determine appropriate cost/risk balance while ensuring maximum uptime of new equipment.
- Perform criticality analysis on equipment in order to develop appropriate preventive/predictive maintenance approach. Evaluate critical equipment using FEMA approach. Create PM tasks and load into CMMS.
- Generate commissioning inspection plans for startup phase ensuring that equipment is 'ready to run' when needed according to overall start up schedule.
- Supervise hourly team members during commissioning phase.
- Participate in training and development plans for hourly and mill staff group to promote seamless transition from project team to mill site team post start up.
- Education Required: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technologist, or equivalent.
- Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years of experience in Maintenance or Reliability in heavy industry
- Safety Leadership knowledge & experience
- Supervisory experience in heavy industry setting
- Excel, Word, CMMS Experience - ideally with JD Edwards/Oracle
- More than $400 million recently invested into improving and growing the Pulp & Paper Division, with significant future capital investment planned at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills
- Career growth opportunities in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, and many other disciplines
- Significant investment in training including partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online .
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .