Requisition ID: 181816
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We focus on proudly supporting technology projects delivered to our Canadian Banking business partners. We work closely with our Business Partners, Developers, Vendors and others within the Bank to ensure we deliver successful projects which align with the overall business strategies and roadmaps ensuring the highest quality experience for the customer. Most projects are across multiple retail products and multiple Bank channels. The projects relate to new products and/or product enhancements on multiple systems and platforms. The focus is on providing solutions that assist front line staff in providing better servicing to our customers and increase sales & productivity.
The group is a mix of business analysts, solutions experts, specialists and developers who provide value by delivering projects that meet the needs of our Insurance Business line. We develop Technology Roadmaps, ensure end-to-end project delivery, write technical stories, develop code, manage stakeholders and connect related teams.
The Pega Developer is responsible for the delivery of business and technology related solutions. You will be responsible for solution designs, application code, and participate in the day to day operations for several applications in the analytics and loyalty space; you will also provide technical thought leadership, navigates us through production issues and investigations, and be a key advocate of efficiency and continual improvement as we work to modernize our platforms.
Is this role right for you?
- Elicit and document (user stories, story maps, etc.) high level and detailed requirements and process/data flows (as-is, future state) for enhancements and new feature requests for existing analytics and loyalty applications
- Provide investigative support and perform prioritization, root cause analysis, and impact analysis for L1 and L2 support for existing applications
- Work as a liaison among various business and technology teams to ensure strategic alignment for the solutions being considered/implemented
- Conduct and manage requirements elicitation and demo sessions with stakeholder teams
- Assist Scrum Master in managing agile delivery/adoption (manage JIRA, Confluence, Kanban, ServiceNow) and participate in agile ceremonies
- Support UAT and release management (including post implementation verification)
- Participate in systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- An appetite for learning new systems and technologies
- Be creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and motivated individual with solid analytical skills to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of business problems.
- Skill in building strong working relationships with business, technology, compliance and regulatory teams and partners.
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems or solutions in a business-friendly language.
- Bachelors or master's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Technical certification or business certification is an asset, as is experience working for a bank or similar large, regulated environment.
- Senior level knowledge of technologies including: Pega ESM, Pega CDH, Java, API development, and event driven architectures
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank's Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms.
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.