At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Consultant within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. In Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy, our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
Our global network of Turnaround and Restructuring professionals helps clients develop financial, commercial, and operational strategies to rapidly improve business performance, liquidity, credit availability, and shareholder return. Our team is fully integrated both within our wider Strategy and Transactions practice and our firm as a whole, and our clients reap the benefits of this broad range of knowledge, skills, and experience. We work on the basis of creating long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals - being there at every stage to identify problems and recommend and implement solutions that deliver measurable results.
Your role as a key member of engagement teams will require a consideration of team effectiveness and efficiency and, as an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture.
Your key responsibilities
As a Consultant, you will help clients assess business performance, analyze and develop strategic objectives, and execute performance improvement - whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business, dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management.
In this role, you will work primarily with an engagement team under the Director and Senior Director. You will prepare and present analysis to the engagement team or the client and work hands-on to drive turnaround results.
Skills and attributes for success
- Structured Problem Solving – bring a logical, disciplined approach to break down problems into core issues and develop sustainable, actionable solutions;
- Project Management – ability to manage multiple engagements at the same time;
- Hands-On Execution – propensity to be hands-on and action-oriented to drive rapid change and impact;
- Business and Commercially-Driven - work in an exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive tangible value for our clients;
- Business Development - drive client pursuits, including presentations and client meetings, and demonstrate a proven ability to network;
- Learning - learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning and experiences; and
- Building Relationships – build strong working relationships with senior clients (management / executives), including influence, trust, advice, and support to key decision makers.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Relevant degree or certifications completed in areas such as BComm, MBA, or CPA;
- A solid understanding of enterprise profit transformation;
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Corporate / business unit strategy
- Performance transformation / turnaround
- Corporate finance
- Operations management
- Capital efficiency / management
- Transactions and negotiation management
- Strong problem solving, project management, facilitation, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Ability to travel for work, when required.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Current or recent experience with an established consulting firm;
- Progress started on the CTP, CAIRP, CFA, PMP, or equivalent designation;
- Experience related to mergers, acquisitions, and / or divestiture transactions; and
- Leadership or functional experience focused on a relevant industry (e.g., energy, retail & consumer, manufacturing, technology, telecommunications, transportation & mobility, etc.).
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
EY | Building a better working world EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.