Position Title: Supply Chain Leadership Development
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Florenceville Main
Grade: Grade 04
Requisition ID: 25517
Potatoes. French Fries. Taters. You love them, we make them. In fact, we make 1/3 of the world's frozen potato products and if you have eaten fries this week, chances are, they were ours.
At McCain Foods, we know the importance that food plays in people's lives - the power it has to uplift and bring people, families, businesses and communities together. Guided by our purpose to bring enjoyment to people's lives through great tasting food, we believe that working together with our teams, business and community partners will bring sustainable growth and positive change - today, tomorrow and for generations to come.
As a privately owned family company with over 60 years of experience, a presence in over 160 countries and a global team of 22,000 people, our values and culture are at the heart of everything we do.
Young professionals like you are important to us. We aim to hire the best and brightest candidates to join us as full-time employees. Our ideal candidate is passionate, collaborative, willing to learn and take initiative.
Why join the McCain family?
- Work with and learn from passionate leaders
- Our core values – Family, Authentic, Trusted and Quality – shine through every day, in everything we do
- Your experience at McCain is what you make of it – ask questions, network, take advantage of the opportunity to learn from our professionals
We are looking for candidates to join us in our Supply Chain Development Acceleration Program. This position will ideally start June 2024.
This position will be based out of our Florenceville, New Brunswick office location.
The Supply Chain Leadership Development Program is a three-year rotational program designed to develop high potential supply chain contributors into future leaders at McCain. The program will offer exposure to several supply chain functions to create a solid foundation and enhance understanding of critical processes and technology. The program will consist of three rotations of approximately twelve months each, exploring some of the following areas: Customer Solutions, Logistics, Deployment, Supply Planning, or Analytics. Features of the program include structured supply chain & technical development training, formal mentoring, informational sessions from other functions at McCain, coordinated plant visits to gain exposure to operations, and meetings with senior leadership.
McCain's North American Supply Chain team is right in the middle of the action. Our team consists of five primary functions – Planning, E2E Network Operations, Logistics, Customer Solutions and Supply Chain Excellence. We are responsible for planning and operating the Supply Chain across all product categories and engaging with stakeholders across the North American and Global business. You will find you are surrounded by team members looking out for one another and always available to help someone in need.
What You Will Be Working On
The Supply Chain Leadership Development Program focuses on rotational assignments designed to develop and broaden supply chain skills. To gain the necessary business and baseline leadership knowledge, candidates are expected to take on a combination of roles throughout the program, which could include the following:
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Logistics Coordinator
- Deployment Planner
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Production Planner
- Demand Planner
During each of the three rotational assignments, participants will be expected not only to lead a key process, but also implement process improvement initiatives and coach peers on ways of working. Throughout time in the program, participants will foster technical and leadership skills through specific training, mentoring, and professional development opportunities.
What You Will Learn
In three short years, participants will establish a great foundation for their career by learning the following:
- A breakdown of core supply chain functions, along with major roles and responsibilities for each
- A comprehensive list of internal and external stakeholders that work side-by-side with the supply chain
- A primer in leadership, focused on developing both hard and soft skills necessary to grow
- Project management skills to initiate, organize, and build momentum for a project in your functional area
- Essential business skills, including time management, cross-functional communication, and work/life balance
- An ability to manage and organize large datasets
- An understanding of the food and beverage industry, including both food service and retail channels
- An understanding of the impacts of agriculture on McCain and the rest of the food industry
What You Need to be Successful
- Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related discipline
- Relevant Co-Op or Internship experience preferred
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to work with complex data
- Detail oriented with the ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Ability to investigate complex issues and conduct root cause analysis
- Self-motivated, analytical, curious and independent thinker
- Bias towards action, able to synthesize multiple pieces of information and act decisively
- Effectively communicates complex results and recommendations in a dynamic environment
- Excellent problem solving, organization and planning skills
- High proficiency in tools used for data analysis such as Excel is a must
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of COVID-19 pandemic. With vaccination restrictions easing across the globe we do not currently require employees to be vaccinated, but we reserve the right to change this mandate in line with health guidance and regulations in each country.
Job Family: Student & Graduates
Division: NA Supply Chain
Department: S and OP NA
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)