Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Carberry
Grade: Grade 04
Requisition ID: 26497
We are seeking an experienced leader to join us as a Maintenance Supervisor in our Carberry, Manitoba Facility. As the successful candidate, you will oversee the maintenance functions involving facilities and equipment pertaining to the plant specifically, as well as electrical distribution, PLC controls and programs, automation on process lines, MDI processes, training, safety, etc. As the successful candidate, you will maintain equipment in optimal operating condition by means of an effective preventative/predictive maintenance program. You will ensure all maintenance and repair work is properly performed in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will also direct the effort of affected Maintenance employees to ensure quality and workmanship while maximizing the effectiveness of their efforts. As well as maintaining a high state of readiness while working closely with fellow maintenance supervisors and staff.
- Provide leadership and support for the Industrial maintenance team, working towards proactive maintenance systems and continuous improvement strategies
- Administrative responsibilities include task/time scheduling using CMMS as well as electronic reports as required
- Liaison with corporate support for project management initiatives
- Ensure safe, efficient work practices for building/equipment repair, rebuild shop, fabrication, welding, rigging and other associated activities
- Specialized production machinery
- Supervision of contracted services within the factory as required
- Assist factory teams in developing areas of opportunity
- Other projects and duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field, preferred. The degree should have a primary emphasis in one of the following areas: mechanical, electrical, and / or architectural / structural engineering
- 3 to 5 years of leadership experience supervising people in a processing plant
- Experience managing projects, budgets, and a CMMS program
- Solid understanding of proactive maintenance systems as well as continuous improvement strategies included in the lean manufacturing model
- Ability to interpret industrial drawings as well as budget estimations for projects
- Results-oriented, team player with excellent supervisory and communication skills, as well as strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to negotiate with equipment/parts suppliers
- Strong computer skills would be an asset
- Knowledge of processing equipment and maintenance, safety practices, computer skills, maintaining equipment costs.
- Strong communication, organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of/experience with the Lean Manufacturing model and Total Preventative Maintenance programs preferred.
Want to learn more? Ask our recruiter on LinkedIn! #LI-MN1
McCain Foods is proud to be a family and values-driven company. Our values are integral to our culture, helping to shape how we operate, how we work together and the choices we make. They are a big part of what makes us unique. McCain Foods opened their first production facility in their hometown of Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. McCain Foods quickly established itself within the Canadian marketplace and then began a journey to become the world's largest manufacturer of frozen French fries and potato specialties.
McCain products can be found in thousands of restaurants and supermarket freezers around the world. In addition to fries, McCain also produces other foods, including appetizers, oven meals, vegetables, and juice for both the retail and foodservice industries.
McCain offers full benefits including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Pension Benefits
- Career Development & Education Reimbursement Assistance
- Apprenticeship, Internship, & Coop support and opportunities
Sustainability and Planet Friendly Practices are at the heart of McCain:
We have embarked upon a journey to create planet-friendly food. We are committed to investing in resource-efficient operations in factories and farms.
- We are moving to 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Donating 200 million meals to food banks and NGO worldwide by 2025.
- Implementing regenerative agricultural practices across 100% of our potato acreage by 2030.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Engineering & Technical; Manufacturing
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Department: Carberry Potato Maintenance
Location(s): CA - Canada : Manitoba : Carberry
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)