Position Title: Project Engineer
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
Grade: Grade 05
Requisition ID: 26647
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing the development and execution of critical capital engineering projects related to plant operations and expansions using state-of-the-art technologies. The Manufacturing Project Engineer creates, develops and deploys new processes and equipment at McCain's. The position will work with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization to successfully deploy projects to ensure a smooth transition ensuring that the plant is prepared for project start up and handover.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the design and review of equipment and systems using corporate standards.
- Interface with production, maintenance, safety, quality and engineers to define project scope requirements and incorporate corporate standards.
- Collaborate with both internal and external project and resource teams to drive projects from inception to launch
- Evaluate new process technologies to improve existing systems and resolve process and safety problems.
- Work with finance, production, and safety to develop justifications for capital projects and prepare the Requests for Expenditure Authorization (REAs) in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Acquire and negotiate project contractor bids in conjunction with procurement.
- Prepare project specifications and/or tender documents.
- Manage release of design input to suppliers (contractors, component suppliers, etc.).
- Perform supplier site visits to ensure compatibility of equipment designs with current plant configurations.
- Produce site visit reports, contractor job meeting minutes, project material listings, purchase orders, installation schedules and preparation of any other documentation relating to installation of systems.
- Assist in the development of new installation techniques and standards.
- Manage capital projects meeting deadlines and budgets. Identify and effectively utilize project resources.
- Manage the resolution of technical issues identified by suppliers.
- Manage technical documents provided by suppliers.
- Provide technical assistance to processing facilities, to improve quality and efficiency. Support, Manage, and Facilitate continuous improvements within facility
- Minor to Moderate Supervision Required
- other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (ME/EE/IE/ChE) or related field from an accredited university.
- Ability to registered as an engineer in APEGA
- Registered as a Professional engineer in Alberta is preferred
- Additionally it is preferred the incumbent have up to five (5) years of experience directly related to food processing and project management. Familiarity with processing techniques.
- Experienced in the development and maintenance of plant system documents, process flow sheets, block diagrams, schedules and spend tracking.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Department: CDL Potato Maintenance
Location(s): CA - Canada : Alberta : Coaldale || CA - Canada : Alberta : Calgary || CA - Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || CA - Canada : Alberta : Grand Prarie || CA - Canada : Alberta : Lethbridge || CA - Canada : Alberta : Red Deer || CA - Canada : Alberta : Rocky View
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)