ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERINTENDENT
We are looking for an Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent to join our team at Lake Utopia Paper based in St. George, New Brunswick.
As an Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent, you will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination to the E&I department. You will oversee the implementation and maintenance of electrical systems.
Maintaining regular communication with various departments is critical in this role. You will be responsible for ensuring maintenance services are effectively planned, coordinated and delivered on time, while meeting cost and quality standards. You will take a leading role in developing strategies for technology migration to avoid obsolescence within the context of continuous improvement.
Who We Are:
Our team operates within highly technical, fast paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products, we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team. True leaders never stop learning and are never satisfied with the status quo.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick that produce a combined 1 Million Tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2 year completed diploma in Industrial Controls, EET, or Red Seal Industrial Journeyman Electrical or Instrumentation license
- Supervisory experience is required
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and participate in a cross-functional team environment
- Adheres to the highest standards of safety and performance expectations
- Thrives on unique projects and tasks
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- More than $400 million recently invested into improving and growing the Pulp & Paper Division, with significant future capital investment planned at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills.
- Career growth opportunities in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, and many other disciplines.
- Significant investment in training including partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Lake Utopia Paper is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.