Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island; Lethbridge, Alberta; and Jamestown, North Dakota and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Farm Supervisor will assist in the overseeing and management of growing potatoes for French fry processing. This includes directing daily activities such as planting, growing, harvesting and storing potatoes. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, a "Can Do" attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment. A comprehensive extended benefit plan package is offered to all full-time employees.
Terms of Employment - This is a permanent full-time position in New Annan, PEI - 40 - 60 hours per week, depending on weather and business needs.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- 5 years of potato farm supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of farm workers
- Experience operating farm machinery relating to the planting and harvest of potato or similar crops
- Proficiency with computers and using Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate and delegate effectively
- Detailed and able to solve problems
- Valid pesticide license would be considered an asset
- Ability to work extended hours around planting, harvesting and irrigation
- Ensure farm safety policies and procedures are followed and help drive the Safety Program
- Develop work and planning schedules
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the farm employees including operators, truck drivers and labourers
- Operate farm equipment as required
- Assist Farm Manager with agronomic decisions
- Regularly inspect the crop
- Maintain quality control and production records as well as performance metrics
Work Address - 281 Old Station Road, New Annan, PEI.
Language of Work - English
Hourly Rate - $22.50 - $32.50/hr
Benefits - Full benefits package which includes medical, health and dental plan and a retirement plan.
Bonus - Eligible for a discretionary, non-guaranteed bonus based on company performance.
Apply for this Career Opportunity by:
- Submitting your application online
- Bring your resume to 281 Old Station Road, New Annan, PEI.
- Sending your resume to [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, here .
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.