Raw Procurement Supervisor
To be based at 303 Milo Road, Wheatley, Ontario.
Cavendish Appetizers is a leading producer of frozen appetizer products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada , the United States and around the world.
Reporting to the Raw Manager, the Raw Supervisor will manage and coordinate all aspects of raw procurement and delivery for Cavendish Appetizer's Wheatley facility. The candidate for this position will be a self starter with a strong work ethic, "Can Do" attitude and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Community College Diploma or relevant experience, Agricultural College Degree preferred
• 5 years relevant work experience.
• Proven track record of successfully negotiating and managing agricultural contracts;
• Exposure to a food operating plant environment would be an asset;
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Access Database ( Growers )
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate team members;
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
Key Responsibilities :
• Source raw product for contract or open positions.
• Manage grower contracts and supplier relationships, including farm and pack shed visits to monitor quality and volume
• Monitor raw quality being delivered to the plant daily needs and responsible to accept or reject loads based on the Company's contracts and quality requirements.
• Plan and coordinate raw delivery schedules in conjunction with production requirements
• Manage the growers' database to ensure accuracy of contract, payment prices and deductions
• Coordinate potential onion farm operations as well as agricultural research on growing varieties, conditions and regions.
• Plays an integral part in Food Safety and internal and external audits
• Ensures proper methods and procedures are followed that are in compliance with safety standards and Health and Safety policies.
• Identify and execute opportunities for operational cost savings
A pplications must be received by June 23 , 2023
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.