POSITION TITLE: Residential Rehabilitation Worker
STATUS: Full Time Permanent
DIVISION: Quest RRC
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in planning, implementation and evaluation of Resident Programs
- Follows Positive Behavioral Support Plans as outlined
- Works in collaboration with the resident and team to identify and meet goals, as outlined in the Care Plan
- Actively functions as a Primary Caregiver to assigned residents
- Provides support/education around physical care, grooming, feeding, bathing/hygiene, bed making, nail care, laundry, ADL's, and IADL's
- Assists and facilitates recreational activities
- Acts as an advocate for residents
- Administers and documents medications and treatments to residents being supported in community-based settings
- Maintains and promotes communication at all levels, including with families
- Documents in resident records in accordance to policies & procedures of Quest
- Provides support in transporting residents on outings/appointments
- Supports resident's right to make informed, supported decisions
- Practices with the UN Convention for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in mind
- Supports choice and dignity of risk
- Prepares meals as laid out by the dietician
- Takes appropriate action when safety is potentially or actually compromised
Human Services Diploma, Disability Support Worker Diploma, Community Residential Worker Diploma, Residential Care Worker Diploma. Other Certifications will be considered should the 7 Core Competencies be met. Consideration will be made to those who have had at least 2 years' experience working with individuals with mental health and behavioural concerns and do not have any prior education in the field.
- Standard First Aid/CPR
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Standard Food Handlers Training
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Valid NS Driver's License (required)
- Understanding of the UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Understanding of the Social Model of Support
- Mental Health/Long Term Care experience is an asset
- Life-long learner
Quest provides around-the-clock support to our residents; therefore, the RRW would be required to work a combination of Day shifts, Evening Shifts, & Night Shifts including weekends and Holidays. The scheduled shifts are 12 hours and 8 hours, as per the collective agreement with the local CUPE bargaining unit.
There is a physical component to the position of the RRW as the employee may be required to assist with lifts and transfers, personal care, and crisis situations.
Hourly rate increases with weekend and night work as per CUPE collective agreement. Quest provides a competitive compensation, benefits and pension to all employees.