Senior Financial Analyst
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees' potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be a key member of our finance team supporting the Chief Financial Officer and Refining & Supply Operations. Your focus will be on providing management reporting for business leaders through to our CFO and supporting financial reporting, planning, budgeting, and forecasting. As a Senior Analyst, you will also provide mentorship to Junior and Intermediate Financial Analysts.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity - flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for seven consecutive years
What you'll need to succeed
- Direct and review regular deliverables to the business and finance leadership.
- Partner with business to improve processes for forecasting, budgeting and in-depth ad hoc analysis.
- Review reports prepared by other team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Produce and support quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for reviewing and facilitation of bi-weekly forecast.
- Support execution and stewardship of strategic initiatives.
- Ad-hoc analyses as required.
- Provide informal leadership, guidance and coaching to analysts.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to maintain good working relationship and partner well with operations and senior leaders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Travel is not a requirement for this position.
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
- Professional designation such as CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant).
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in finance or accounting.
- Experience in Cognos/TM1 is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of financial budgeting, planning, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of financial processes.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Job Requirements - Education