Our client is seeking a Payroll Administrator for their continuously growing and professional team in Halifax, NS. This is a permanent role ideal for an experienced payroll professional with strong knowledge of collective agreements and the ability to work efficiently in a highly time-sensitive capacity.
Key Responsibilities for the Job:
- Provide backup for full cycle payroll processing
- Inputting payroll data
- Collecting and reviewing time sheets
- Payroll reconciliations
- Tracking reports
- Pension and RRSP administration
- Tracking and reporting on all benefits and vacation time
- Assisting in the testing of potential new payroll systems
- Other project support duties as assigned
Experience & Attributes for Success:
- Post-secondary education in business administration, accounting, or payroll
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar fast-paced, high volume payroll role
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Superior attention to detail and
- Strong and highly accurate data entry skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Organized and highly reliable team player who takes pride in their work & team
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects as required
- Proficient with software programs
If interested in this opportunity, please apply online by clicking the Apply Now button.
To learn more about similar opportunities, the local job market, or to discuss your career interests, please contact Natalie Clothier, Recruitment Consultant at [email protected].
Accountant Staffing is Atlantic Canada's only specialist recruitment firm focusing exclusively on the placement of accounting and finance professionals. Organizations use the services of Accountant Staffing to fill a variety of roles from Junior Accountant to Chief Financial Officer. For more information about Accountant Staffing or to view additional positions, please visit our website at www.accountantstaffing.com.
Accountant Staffing is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that it is essential for workforces to reflect the communities they serve, where everyone feels included and valued. We promote environments that value and respect all individuals, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, religion, or any other personal characteristic.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including African Canadians, Indigenous/Aboriginal People, Racially Visible Persons, Women, Persons with Disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ Persons.
Self-identification is encouraged but not required during the application process and accommodations can be requested during the recruitment process. If accommodations are needed during the assessment process, such as an interview or testing, please let us know and we will make arrangements to meet your needs.