Due to our continuing growth and success, we are seeking to fill the following position: Production Manager
The Production Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, is responsible to ensure that manufacturing activities in their department are of exceedingly high quality and are conducted safely, efficiently, and enjoyably. This individual will properly allocate staff to meet sales forecasts and produce on schedule while working closely with other departments on improvement projects.
- Monitor, manage, and coordinate the activities of the Team Leaders, Teams, and Processes to achieve the planned results for an overall production line or lines.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve safety, productivity, product quality, and on time delivery.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Promote positive employee relations through open communication.
- Report weekly on performance results.
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
- Engineering Degree, Business Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience working with quality systems.
- Knowledge and experience leading lean manufacturing projects is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Demonstrated computer skills and aptitude are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Work With Us
Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems has been in business for the last 40 years and is proud to produce high-end, high-quality vinyl window products for the Canadian marketplace. We believe our growth is directly attributed to the emphasis we place on the quality of our products and the involvement, commitment, and enthusiasm of our employees. Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems has been recognized for overall business performance and sustained growth with the Canada's Best Managed Companies designation.
At Kohltech we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities and welcomes applicants from diverse groups including Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and/or LGBTQ+.
We believe in treating all people with respect and dignity and strive to create a supportive and understanding workplace culture. We are committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent and recognize in order to accomplish this we must focus on attracting, motivating, and developing employees from diverse groups.
We are a dynamic company offering competitive compensation and benefits. If you meet the requirements of this opening and are interested in applying we would welcome your application. Please submit a resume and cover letter to this job ad.