We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Branch Manager to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the Director, of Operations, the Branch Managerwill be responsible for the achieving key performance measures and providing safety leadership. The position will be located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Irving Equipment is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers. We encourage qualified applications from members of racialized groups, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, and persons of the 2SLGBTQ community.
- Responsible for the safety, leadership, and management of the day-to-day activities for the Saint John Branch
- Adhere to and enforce all Irving Equipment policies, procedures, and compliance. Ensure ongoing communication of policies and procedures through daily/weekly and recurring meetings.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with and ensure regular communication with all operations team and customers.
- Promote a positive labour/employee relations climate and teamwork. Build and promote a culture of team-wide leadership behaviors. As required, attend labour relations meetings.
- Coordinate operational and administrative activities for area of responsibility and ensure effective delivery of service to all Irving Equipment customers. In close collaboration with all branches and dispatch, set up appropriate planning of personnel and/or equipment.
- Long term planning and strategy development to deliver continued value to customers and affiliates.
- Assess, manage, and motivate all direct reports with a strong emphasis on planning, organization, preparation, follow up and communication.
- Works closely with asset management to determine asset requirements for short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Conducts performance reviews for all staff. Formulate and implement employee corrective actions as needed. Work with HR and/or classification board for employee development plans.
- Maintain client relations and actively promote solutions. Respond to RFPs and draft/issue quotes as required.
- Manage the planning of budgets, revenue, and expenses. Attend all meetings. Accountable for overall financial results of the Branch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree with concentration in Operations or Engineering, or Associate's Degree with equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a related industry; management experience in construction and a unionized environment strongly preferred.
- Accounting Management experience.
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications, or equivalent continuous improvement experience is an asset.
- Strong technical background.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Track record of strong leadership, team building, organizational, and change management skills.
- Action-orientated individual with the demonstrated ability to proactively combine interpersonal skills with strong technical acumen.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams), and inventory management systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in managing complex customer relationships.
- Travel within Atlantic Canada may be required.
- Valid driver's license.
Irving Equipment Limited is a well-established Heavy Lift and Specialized Transport company with a diverse fleet of mobile and crawler cranes, SPMTs, and other specialized transport and lifting equipment with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and several other branches around Atlantic Canada.
At Irving Equipment, you will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we are always seeking to attract the very best talent.
We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates, and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary, or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.