Fleet Services Coordinator (Hybrid Opportunity)
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees' potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
The Fleet Services Coordinator is involved in tracking and monitoring costs of repair work done to fleet vehicles by outside vendors. Tasks include analyzing incoming estimates and resulting invoices for anomalies, ensuring vendors follow all Irving Oil policies and procedures, providing support to Distribution Managers in maintenance issues, dealing with vendor issues pertaining to estimates and actual costs. This role supports both US and Canadian operations.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity - flexible work model that supports a blend of in office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for seven consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Communication with vendors on problems and issues - Dealing with repeat vendor repairs, matching estimates to actual costs, resolving problems with vendors, closing off work order payments, and escalating major issues to supervisor.
- Dealing with vendor repairs - Notifying vendors of repairs needed, receiving estimates for repairs, negotiating costs, warranty recovery, updating system with costs, and determining if repairs are necessary.
- Support distribution groups - Assisting managers in notifying them of planned maintenance, expediting repairs at vendors, and communicating with branches to gather proactive repairs on vehicles.
- Perform account maintenance - Working with accounts payable on rejected invoices and rectifying issues, setting up new vendors in the system, and ensuring records are kept up to date for mileage and rolled over mileage.
- Implementation of Irving Oil policies and procedures and ensuring vendors follow Irving Oil policies and procedures and working with supervisor on making adjustments to policies and procedures.
- Safety as-a-way-of-life mindset.
- Computer skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written).
- Travel may be required for this role.
Education and experience
- 3-5 years' relevant experience with a related (e.g. business, finance, etc.).
- Significant practical experience would also be considered as an equivalent for post-secondary education.
- Relevant experience could include experience with mechanical issues, knowledge of garage work and cost of repairs, as well skills in the areas mentioned above.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Job Requirements - Education
Diploma / Certification
Saint John, NB