Fuel Delivery Driver (New Sign-On Bonus)
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees' potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
We have an exciting opportunity for a safety focused individual looking to provide a meaningful and essential service to our Irving Energy customers. The Fuel Delivery Truck Driver works with our Dispatch team to deliver product safely to our residential and commercial customers. While adhering to all DOT regulations and procedures, this safety focused individual will plan daily routes, load the fuel truck and complete pre and post trip inspections. Other duties are required including completion of daily shift reports and any other required paperwork.
What we offer:
- Sign-On Bonus plus an Early Sign-On Bonus!
- $1000 Driver Referral Program
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for seven consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Driving delivery truck safely, adhering to all DOT regulations and procedures.
- Working with our Dispatch Team in delivering product to residential and commercial customers.
- Planning daily route using knowledge of geography, routes, zones, streets etc.
- Loading truck with required product while adhering to all safety policies and procedures at loading site/bulk plant.
- Completion of daily shift report and all required paperwork.
- Ability to work well with others
- Good organization and communication skills
- Raven Policies and Procedures
- Completion of pre and post trip inspections
- Previous experience with liquid loads is considered an asset
- Basic mathematical skills are necessary
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills are necessary
- Strong safety focus required
- Very physical work
- Travel is not a requirement for this position.
Education and experience
- An active class 1, class 2 or class 3 driver's license with airbrakes required
- Minimum 2 years professional driving experience required
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Job Requirements - Education
Diploma/High School Equivalent