Energy Transition Sourcing Specialist (Hybrid Opportunity)
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees' potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
Grow for Tomorrow is an exciting new energy transition initiative at Irving Oil that will help our organization meet the opportunities and challenges associated with the Global Energy Transition. You could be a part of projects including, but not limited to, Renewable Energy projects, Hydrogen and Biofuels projects, Carbon Capture and Sequestration projects, and Clean Fuel Standards projects. As this overall project and initiative will continue to evolve for our organization, additional areas of activity can/will arise. If you are a supply management professional and are looking to work for a dynamic, innovative company that has been named in Canada's Top 100 Employers for the 6th year in row, this could be the opportunity for you! In your role as a Energy Transition Sourcing Specialist, you will have responsibility and accountability for Strategic Sourcing within the Grow for Tomorrow category. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to support the future of Irving Oil.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity - flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance and paid personal care days
- Paid vacation and vacation purchasing
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for seven consecutive years
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Be a strategic partner with our business stakeholders and integrated in the planning of priorities and initiatives
- Have a strategic approach to identify, develop and execute sourcing, contracting and negotiating strategies
- Identify value creation opportunities that meet the business's immediate needs while continuing to position for long-term success
- Proactively identify and understand the risks and dependencies that impact our business and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Negotiate and execute agreements and scopes of work
- Understand and effectively manage the P2P process
- Understand and align to the project's markets, strategies, priorities and plans
- Support the implementation of systems and processes which support collaboration and team effectiveness
- Strategic Sourcing - Execute strategic sourcing strategy using accompanying tools effectively
- Supply Management Policies, Procedures and Methodologies - Execute supply management techniques and approaches
- Change Management - Support and implement change management process and use change management tools & strategies at peer level
- Contract Law and Management - Understand legal concepts as they pertain to purchasing as well as executing existing purchasing contracts
- Negotiating - Able to secure win-win agreements while successfully representing the company's interest
- Consulting Skills - Able to identify issues, develop hypotheses, establish data frameworks, conduct analyses, draw conclusions and develop proposals
- Project Management - Understand the basics of project management, & provides input in setting up a project, reports progress, analyzes data and draws conclusions
- Travel is not a requirement for this position.
Education and experience
- B.Comm, BBA, BA, LLB/JD, MBA
- Registered with SCMA would be an asset
- Minimum 10 - 15 years' experience within the energy or oil and gas sector, or with Irving Oil, in positions with increasing accountability and responsibilities
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Job Requirements - Education
Saint John, NB