Posted 4 days ago
Competition Number: 23002058
Buyer- Supply Chain
A t J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI), you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Buyer to join our JDI Supply Chain team. We are looking for a self-motivated professional that enjoys problem solving, collaborating with others, and has an aptitude for sourcing and customer service.
This position is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and does not currently provide the opportunity to be a hybrid model.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, annual incentives and RRSP plans
- Flexible benefits
- Wellness support, including wellness allowance
- Paid vacation time
- Personal and professional development opportunities
What To Expect in a Typical Day
As a Buyer, here are some of the things to expect on a day-to-day basis:
- Source & procure various types of goods and services
- Lead strategic sourcing projects and make recommendations to site(s)
- Opportunities to challenge yourself daily by making quick and creative decisions to meet site requirements in a fast-paced industry
- Flexibility to work at various J.D. Irving, Limited locations on any given day
Key Responsibilities include:
- Procurement of goods and services via sourcing and negotiations
- Daily/weekly management of divisional KPIs and initiatives
- Management and negotiations of various contracts and contractor rates for site services
- Lead sourcing and make recommendations to purchase quality products and materials
- Monitor market trends
- Issuing and daily monitoring of RFPs and Purchase Orders to new/existing suppliers
- Enable business leaders to make informed decisions by providing options and recommendations based on data and analysis
- Prioritization and ability to change tasks based on immediate rush requirements from site(s)
- Build, Maintain and manage relationships with key vendors
- Post-secondary education with demonstrated work experience in procurement, negotiations, logistics, or supply chain is an asset
- Sound understanding of strategic procurement processes, inventory management and ability to understand market trends
- Excellent communications skills - both written and verbal, and the ability to present difficult concepts in understandable terms
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Results oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Able to manage time efficiently, prioritize tasks and achieve targets
We appreciate your interest in our company, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later