Join Vale today. Continuously learn throughout your career.
Welcome to Vale. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. Together. We value our workforce and strive to offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale Base Metals is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality nickel and an important producer of copper and responsibly sourced cobalt. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Ontario, Manitoba, UK, Indonesia, and Brazil, we are delivering the critical building blocks for a cleaner, greener future.
The Port Colborne Refinery was commissioned 100 years ago on the shore of Lake Erie. Raw materials and finished products from Vale's Sudbury and Newfoundland and Labrador operations are transported to Port Colborne for processing.
Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine the critical minerals that power electric vehicles, build renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
We invite you to be part of our evolution.
The Reliability team is integral to the success of our Manitoba operations in sustaining being a safe, predictable, and reliable producer. The purpose of the role is to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the mine activities.
We are currently seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our Operations Team in Thompson, MB. This is a permanent position. Relocation to Thompson is required.
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for delivering improved performance of the assets by implementing and optimizing the reliability program for the underground mining and or milling site(s) they support.
Additionally, in this position you will:
- Be instrumental in the multi-functional implementation of a reliability program, which encompasses systems, processes, procedures, standards, critical metrics, analysis, and tools that will improve business value for fixed and mobile assets.
- Work with management teams to ensure compliance to the reliability program and that asset reliability risks are identified and mitigated appropriately.
- Collaborate with management teams and key partners in development of budgets as well as production and shutdown plans.
- Develop the Asset Strategy (Identifying asset criticality to the business, setting service strategy based on performance required, and driving reliability and cost-effective lifecycle management) using tools like RCM and FMEACs.
- Create the work packages for asset strategies in developing bill of materials, task lists, measuring points, etc.
- Conduct Reliability Analysis and Improvement (Analyzing trends, critical metrics – MTTR, MTBF, data analysis, bad actor failure analysis and optimization).
- Performs reliability studies applying tools such as RCM to determine reliability of components, equipment, and processes.
- Provide design recommendations to engineering and project teams on identifying components, assets and systems that are high contributors to un-reliability and pose HSE and business risk. Provide recommendations to designs to drive improved life cycle costs.
- In-conjunction with Procurement optimize inventory levels to manage business risk to an acceptable level with a focus on minimizing levels of slow non-moving inventory.
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Registered Professional Engineer (Preference to Mechanical, Electrical and Civil/Structural) is preferred.
- Maintenance Reliability Professional and/or Maintenance Management Professional is preferred.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional is preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a Reliability or Maintenance engineering related role.
- Experience with Reliability tools (FMEA, Criticality analysis, etc.), developing asset service strategies and managing metrics such as availability, utilization, OEE, MTBF in a mining or industrial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Software skills in of MS Office products and CMMS systems (SAP).
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary.
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances).
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental).
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth.
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Online training and career development opportunities.
Thompson is known as the "Hub of the North." The town was developed in the 1950s around our mine and is now a thriving community. Our home boasts a close-knit and involved community with a vibrant arts and music scene and is known for its hospitality and welcoming nature.
Thompsonites, as we call ourselves, are always ready to welcome new people to town and excited to share its gems with them. Above all, the main draw to Thompson is its unspoiled wilderness filled with waterfalls and wildlife, making it the perfect place for the adventurous soul.
From the Northern Lights to ice fishing, skating, skiing, hockey, sledding, hunting and every winter sport you can imagine, if you love the outdoors, Thompson is the perfect place for you and your family.
Include to Transform
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success.
We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply by: Friday, October 27, 2023