Location: Rural Eastern, Central, Western, Lab-Grenfell (one position for each zone)
Health Innovation Project Manager (4 positions)
(Subject to Classification Review)
Living Lab Medical Research
Temporary, Full-Time (until December 31, 2024 with possibility of extension)
24335TMP, 24336TMP, 24337TMP, 24338TMP
70 bi-weekly (8-hour days)
HL-21 ($69,820 - $90,766 per annum) subject to classification review
17 March 2023
31 March 2023
Newfoundland and Labrador currently have four regional health authorities providing a variety of healthcare services to residents of the province. Eastern Health serves over 300,000 people in the city central and surrounding rural areas of the most easternly part of North America; Central Health, the second largest health region serves approximately 93,000 people living in 176 communities; Western Health, serves approximately 77,000 people in the westernmost part of the province; and Labrador-Grenfell, serves approximately 37,000 people in northern and remote regions of the province.
The Innovation Division of Eastern Health has established a Living Lab to develop and implement innovative ideas, methods, technologies and devices that align with the organization's strategic vision and the Provincial Government's Strategic Direction for Better Health and Better Care for Individuals. The Living Lab promotes interdisciplinary and intersectoral collaborative research, open innovation and creativity. It will help create and redesign products and services, making sure to put users - patients and their families, the community, and health professionals - at the heart of the innovation process.
As we transition from regional health authorities to the provincial NL Health System, we are excited to post Innovation Project Manager opportunities in each of the Newfoundland and Labrador Health Services zones. The successful candidates will be reporting to the Division Manager of the Research and Innovation Department and will be a champion for change and oversee all aspects of the project life cycle from inception to completion. This includes innovation/idea project intake, assessment and planning, negotiation and development of project contracts, project oversight, risk and issue management, communication and change management, research coordination, and budget/resource management and allocation. The Project Manager will develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization and will build partnerships with external public and private stakeholders including entrepreneurs, vendors, contactors, private companies and Health Canada representatives in order to create and foster the implementation of innovative solutions. We hope you will become a Champion of change in our healthcare system!
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, a healthcare discipline, a science discipline, or another related field as determined by the employer is required.
- Master's degree in a science or healthcare discipline is an asset.
- Project Management designation is an asset.
- Minimum of two years of project management or research coordination experience is required.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research/evaluation is an asset, preferably in a health care or related setting.
- Experience in leading education workshops and developing training or knowledge translation materials.
- Experience with patient centered care initiatives.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge of health care and/or health care innovation.
- Knowledge of user centered design or patient oriented research.
- Knowledge of processes, or experience related to, product development, entrepreneurship and business startups, or health care transformation.
- Knowledge of agile management techniques or management of research projects within a flexible and adaptive environment.
- Knowledge of project and change management methodologies, as well as project implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work with others in a flexible environment.
- Ability to read and interpret vendor contracts and contribute to their development to ensure alignment with research/evaluation methodologies is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use computerized tools and techniques for planning, organizing, estimating, monitoring and controlling projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use software tools for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects at once.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve under time, fiscal and human resource constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop coalitions to support successful project completion and the adaption of innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated creative mindset and ability to find new growth opportunities for the Living Lab
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
- Current registration/licensure in the relevant professional association, if applicable, is required.
- Travel throughout the region will be required.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
Upon successfully applying for a vacancy you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, please contact Recruitment 777-7777 ext. 5-2 immediately.
To become a part of our team, please submit an updated resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, daytime contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee numbers if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: [email protected] Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
If you are no longer interested in the position, you can withdraw your application by emailing [email protected] as soon as possible.
Eastern Health is committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment, selection, and onboarding processes. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting support during the process. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Recruitment Line at 777-7777 press 5 then press 2 (long distance 1-800-563-3693) outlining how we can help.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.