Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Halifax, NS
Aethera Technologies Limited is an advanced engineering company located in the Bayer's Lake area in Halifax. Their team includes leading experts in the field of High-Power Radio Frequency systems and leverages their extensive experience providing customers with innovative engineering solutions and systems around the world. By providing advanced radio frequency solutions for heating and wireless communications, Aethera helps their clients become leaders in their markets. Partnered with Meridia, Aethera is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will participate in the development of innovative technology. You will work closely with clients to understand needs and develop a product vison. You ensure regulatory, reliability, and performance requirements are managed and achieved while working within budgeted cost and schedule. As part of the engineering team, you will contribute to all aspects of the product lifecycle, including research, detailed requirements development, design alternatives, conceptual and detailed design, prototype testing, design refinement, design for manufacturing, installation, and post sales support.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design activities including power electronics, embedded control systems, circuit board designs, and overall electromechanical system design
- Developing test procedures and test fixtures
- Developing and executing design verification testing and recommending solutions to ensure that the product meets specifications at various electrical and environmental conditions
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of engineering proofs-of-concepts, prototypes, and first articles
- Assisting with low volume manufacturing including interfacing directly with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Communicating directly with and supporting customers with all aspects of the product lifecycle, including requirements gathering, installation, and service
- Performing as a product expert in support of marketing, pre-sales, and post-sales activities
- Acting as a technical project lead to move client projects from concept to completion while meeting client expectations and schedule
As a graduate from an Electrical Engineering program, you have several years of relevant experience where you have acquired strong aptitude in electrical theory, testing, troubleshooting, project leadership, and electro/mechanical assembly. Experience working in an electronic product development and manufacturing environment would be of benefit, and design experience in power electronics, radio frequency matching networks, and/or dielectric heating would be desirable as well. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable to lead and be part of a collaborative team.
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role and field
- Hands on experience with electronics manufacturing, testing, and soldering equipment is an asset
- Knowledge of relevant software tools, such as 3D Mechanical CAD, PCB Design, ERP, Microsoft Office, and/or MATLAB, is an asset
- Great ability to multitask and perform under pressure
- Strong mechanical aptitude with systems experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as necessary
- Able to meet the requirements needed for Controlled Goods registration, Industrial Security, and other security requirements needed for the company business operations
Aethera employs great people, celebrates diversity, and supports forward-thinking solutions based on passion, creativity, learning, and hard work. They work as a team, listen with an open mind, value new ideas, and promote open communication with each other and their clients. They are committed to the development and well-being of their staff, ensuring you will grow alongside them as they move into new markets and expand their operations. You will be able to take ownership of innovative and exciting projects, working with clients to implement game-changing technology.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
For more information contact Emma Roberts, Sr. Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and [email protected], or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.