Director of Operations (Hybrid)
Divert NS is a not-for-profit based in Truro, NS, focused on supporting the province to recycle and live in more sustainable ways. Through a combination of stewardship programs and multiple initiatives, they provide new opportunities and approaches to waste diversion and reduction.
On their behalf, we are seeking a Director of Operations to join their head office team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of Divert NS, including managing service providers, managing office and warehouse staff, and overseeing operations of the used tire and used beverage container programs
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples in Canada, and racially visible minorities.
What qualities are needed in this role?
- Your academic background includes a relevant university degree or advanced diploma in engineering or engineering technology.
- Your significant management experience in operations has provided you with solid knowledge of logistics, building, and equipment maintenance. You can manage budgets and have a familiarity with property leases, service contracts, and licensing agreements.
- You have the ability to keep your eye on strategic outcomes while effectively organizing and overseeing the specifics to stay on course. A natural problem solver, you also possess exemplary communication and negotiation skills.
- You're able to maintain your composure to effectively manage within a highly dynamic, deadline-driven environment. A solid team player, you have the experience and proficiency to efficiently lead and inspire staff.
- An understanding of both provincial and municipal government needs concerning the Solid-Waste Resource Management Strategy and Divert NS' role would be an asset.
A full job description is available here.
This role will require the ability to work flexible and/or extended hours on short notice and frequent travel within Nova Scotia.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please forward your resume and a letter explaining how your background and experience will meet the needs of Divert NS. Applications can be sent to [email protected]