Cobequid Prefabricated Wall Panels Limited
Wall Panel Designer / Project Manager
Location: Debert, NS
Headquartered in Debert, Nova Scotia, Cobequid Prefab is a locally owned and operated business dedicated to building high quality wood wall panels for commercial and residential projects.
Reporting to the general manager, the Wall Panel Designer / Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that wall panels for pre-fabrication are designed and drafted to meet customer requirements and expectations, as well as, monitoring the production process to ensure 'Quality Control' and the high service standard goals of the company.
- Perform quantity takeoffs for wood framing.
- Prepare estimates and quotes for all design projects.
- Receive and process change orders, review with client before approval.
- Prepares preliminary design sketches.
- Use of panel design software to do wall panel layout and design.
- Reviews designs, specifications, alterations, cost estimates and that quality control checks are completed at appropriate stages within the project follow through to final approval.
- Meet with clients and/or engineers to discuss the customer requirements, expectations and budget on all projects as required.
- Ordering of all materials in a timely manner to ensure production remains efficient.
- Diploma or Degree in CET, AET or CMT program.
- Experience with wood framing, estimating, CAD and design software considered an asset.
- Ability to read shop drawings.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively independently.
- WHMIS an asset.
- First Aid an asset.
Please email your resume to [email protected] and reference Wall Panel Designer / Project Manager in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.