Job Title: Program Manager (multiple positions)
Reports to: Senior Management
Salary Range: $60,000 annually
Hours: 35 per week (full-time, term position)
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Anticipated Start Date: Late spring 2023
About Clean Foundation:
Clean Foundation helps the communities in which we work make real progress toward a cleaner future by taking on climate change challenges. We bring specialized teams together to work on complex problems, delivering clean projects and programming for communities. We're here to make the biggest impact for a cleaner world.
Learn more about us and the work we do: cleanfoundation.ca
Clean is committed to Employment Equity. Our goals are to offer our employees a living wage and to be inclusive of a diverse workforce that is reflected at all job levels. We welcome candidates from diverse equity groups to apply and encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter or resume. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.
Come take on climate change challenges with us. Clean's currently accepting ongoing applications to fill several Program Manager roles. We're looking for experienced leaders of people and projects, who are confident 'go getters', to join our team. If you have the right stuff for the role-we want to hear from you!
We are seeking Program Managers with a healthy solid mix of skill, empathy and can-do attitude to successfully lead a team from the development stage to the delivery of environmental programs. In this role, you'll possess big picture thinking, have an eye for opportunities and risks, have experience managing budgets, be detailed oriented and resourceful.
You'll create a safe, engaging and learning environment for your team, setting them up for success in their roles of supporting program development and delivery. If you're an individual who sparks innovation, enjoys collaboration and creating a positive impact, then you'll feel right at home, at Clean.
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Lead a program team of Clean employees.
- Oversee program deliverables from start to finish.
- Mentor and manage program staff, setting them up for workplace success and growth.
- Be responsible for the scheduling of your teams' working and vacation schedules, approving payroll, schedule staff training, overseeing performance management and setting goals for professional growth with your employees.
- Develop and maintain program budgets.
- Problem solve any challenges that arise within the program and/or your team.
- Represent Clean at various stakeholder and partner engagements.
- Monitor program for risks and look for opportunities.
- Be a comfortable and competent spokesperson for your program.
- Ensure program team adhere to timelines and deliverables.
- Liaise with other Clean teams to help support program delivery.
- Attend monthly Clean Managers meetings.
- Support development of funding proposals.
- Be a strong writer and a clear verbal and written communicator.
- Graduate of a university or community college diploma program or equivalent training and experience.
- Have a minimum of two years in a manager or supervisory role.
- Proficient at project management.
- Experience developing and maintaining budgets.
- Strong collaborator and independent worker.
- Skilled verbal and written communicator.
- Calm and resourceful under pressure.
- Adaptable to changing environments and timelines.
- Valid Nova Scotia (or other Canadian) driver's license.
Work With Us
Program Managers will work in a hybrid environment spending some time in-office at one of Clean's Dartmouth offices as well as remotely. Some travel may be required within Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
- The extra shine of working at Clean:
- No more emails past 5 p.m.-your off-work time is YOUR time.
- RRSP matching.
- We fully cover your health and dental insurance plan.
- Paid vacation and wellness days.
- Paid volunteer time off.
- If your birthday falls on a weekday, you'll get a paid day off!
- Every day is treat day-are you team M&M's or team Sour Keys?
- Your dog friends are welcomed.
- We offer a hybrid work environment (team dependent).
If making an impact through your work excites you then Clean may be your next career move. If you're interested in one of our upcoming positions for Program Manager, please submit your cover letter and resume?on or before?March 31, 2023. We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.